Eaton’s Global Financial Services Center is seeking a Payroll Associate. The Payroll Associate will be based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
The Payroll Associate will perform all necessary tasks associated with hourly and salary payroll processing for all Eaton locations in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. The payroll team processes payroll for approximately 32,000 employees and produces 1.0M pay statements annually with a total payroll in excess of $2.6B.
- Process salary and hourly payrolls ensuring accuracy and timely execution.
- Resolve complex payroll issues such as benefit adjustments, retro calculation, balancing reconciliation issues.
- Reconcile inbound and outbound interfaces from 3rd party vendors.
- Ensure internal controls are maintained through compliant processing including – but not limited to limited to research/follow through/resolution of escheatment items, review/reconciliation of positive pay issues and maintain CUPS security to ensure SOX compliance.
- Maintain employee payroll records relative to direct deposit, garnishments, employee record updates
- Provide call center support to the locations and/or employees for pay inquiries or support issues
- Testing for daily production support verifications as well as projects as required
- Prepare and maintain process documentation as well as participate in training for both internal and external customers as needed
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with payroll processing in multi-state environment is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- 3-5 years’ professional experience with in-house payroll processing in a non-outsourcing payroll environment
- 3-5 years’ professional experience with payroll software such as GEAC (Infor) mainframe experience and Oracle Payroll, PeopleSoft, etc.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting preferred
- Payroll Certification (CPP or FPC)
- Understanding of more complex payroll transactions / deductions such as Tax Equalization, Expatriates, Imputed Income, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft applications, emphasis in excel
- Demonstrated understanding of taxable wage / earning components and related impact on deductions
- Knowledge of Federal and State tax laws, wage and hour laws and prevailing wage requirements.
- Payroll proficiency to understand the effect of transactions as they relate to taxability
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAFSC North America Financial Services Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time