Financial Planning Specialist
Eaton’s Industrial Sector is seeking a Financial Planning Specialist. The Financial Planning Specialist will be based at our Beachwood, OH Corporate Headquarters.
primary function of this role is to Ensure accurate and timely analysis and
reporting along with accompanying insight and recommendations to influence
- Analyzing and reporting monthly business performance, with a strong emphasis on providing insights from analysis of business trends
- Analyzing the key annual Profit Plan inputs and preparing the presentation for executive review
- Partnering with the business finance teams to analyze, communicate, and take action on key operating issues
- Developing business proposals for significant capital and other investments
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive policy and process improvements
- Building proactive reporting tools and analysis
- Creating presentations for the Board of Directors and senior leadership meetings
- Supporting Finance training and development initiatives
- Preparing the annual Profit Plan for the Industrial Sector functional ledgers and providing monthly guidance and analysis to functional leaders
- Participating and leading global projects of strategic significance to the Industrial Sector, utilizing direct and indirect resources as required to ensure success
- Acting as a liaison between Corporate Finance and Accounting and the Sector businesses
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 4 of accounting and/or finance experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Graduate degree in business, finance, or accounting from an accredited institution preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred
- Previous experience within a manufacturing organization preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts
- Demonstrates professional presence, communicates articulately and confidently
- Exhibits leadership in defending a position and handling conflict
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial and operational analyses/reports
- Effectively challenges the status quo and champions new and innovative ideas
- Acts as a business partner – sees the big picture – provides broad thought leadership
- Ability to effectively work in a cross-functional team environment
- Working knowledge of financial and ERP systems
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word software
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time