Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
CNC Programmer (1st Shift)
Eaton Crouse-Hinds in Syracuse, New York is looking for a CNC Programmer to work 1st shift.
This position is accountable to design and implement CNC programs and tool layouts to automate the CNC processes in support of continuous improvement in the manufacturing processes and productivity optimization.
- Program and set up CNC machines using long hand G-Code, Mazatrol, Gibbs Cam and other software. Provide programming support on production jobs. Expertise in TRUMPF Tops Software is highly desirable.
- Identify and order tooling needed for the CNC and other Machine Shop machines as needed. Design new jigs, tools, fixtures, and special equipment for CNC applications and provide technical direction to production personnel. Redesign existing tooling, update tool drawings, and revise records, as required by changes in manufacturing processes.
- Investigate quality problems relative to machining and provide technical direction to implement corrective action on defective tooling and or improper manufacturing methods.
- Implement projects and best practices to maximize CNC Work Center efficiency using MVP Lean Principles. Supervise the process validation portion of new program roll out and communicate the process effectively with the process engineers, quality and production personnel.
- Collaborate daily with Manufacturing Engineer concerning issues with new machines.
- Perform Poka-Yoke activities for CNC Work Center processes.
- Train CNC machine set up operators on new machining technologies as needed.
- Interface with customers and vendors regularly to assess new training needs and coordinate training with outside vendors.
- Provide divisional CNC programming support as required.
- Technical/Vocational Certification from an accredited institution or a minimum of 3 years CNC Programming experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the Syracuse, NY facility to be considered.
- Journeyman Certification from an accredited institution, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience working in a Unionized setting.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in CNC Programming.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time