Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Systems Manager
The Quality Manager role plays key support to the Director, Corporate Quality to design, improve and deploy the Eaton Quality Management System (EQMS) as well as Corporate Quality processes and procedures at the enterprise level. The management system and processes must be aligned with multiple requirements of Eaton Business System, the main international quality standards (ISO 9001:2015, IATF16949, AS9100D) and customer requirements. This role will own the Internal Auditor certification process as well as the Eaton Quality Institute (EQI) Adjunct certification process at the enterprise level by directly interfacing with the businesses and Eaton University. This role acts as the functional manager to the Pune corporate quality team to ensure that activities / controls are performed accordingly and ensure the necessary coordination of activities with those employees, providing guidance on technical matters as well as defining and controlling the agreed Services Levels.
- Support companywide QMS strategy globally in coordination with the businesses and Eaton University by developing, communicating, implementing supporting processes and acting as a consultant in the establishment of high level processes and tools to ensure compliance with EBS, EQMS, ISO9001:2015, IATF16949:2016, AS9100D standards and main customer requirements.
- Analyze and lead discussions on complementary policies to EQMS incorporating key EBS processes such as Knowledge Management, EPM, the linkage between Business Plan/Strategy & QMS and the continuous identification of risks and opportunities based on the organization context and understanding needs and expectations of interested parties.
- Perform analysis and support the development and deployment of the EQMS validation process through training, the adjunct certification processes and the “Fresh Eyes Audits” process
- Deploy and enhance EQMS assessment & audit processes focusing on the Risk Assessment approach in alignment with international quality standards trend, QMS risk detection and mitigation.
- Perform a complete mapping of the Remote Support Locations (RSLs), considering all Services Centers (Pune, Budapest, others) as well as other entities located in all the regions, which provide services and support to our manufacturing sites and determine plan to address all businesses demands concerning QMS certification.
- Develop, manage and continuously improve the Quality SharePoint and ERGs sites based on the business demands and overall quality strategy within the context of short, medium and long term trends including the introduction of Office 365 and Yammer.
- Support the development and management of the “College of Quality” training content, ensuring materials are current and regularly reviewed.
- Coordinate with functional leaders to understand, review and improve Quality competencies requirements, align those competencies with training programs and direct Eaton Pune resources to execute those programs.
- Maintain and improve partnership with Pune team to ensure controls/activities are performed to ensure that key corporate quality initiatives (i.e. EQMS, ELSS, others) will be properly sustained and improved.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Quality and/or Manufacturing Engineering
- 3-5 years of professional experience coordinating/supporting Quality Management Systems, dealing with different scopes and quality standards
- 1-2 years of professional experience using a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Certified Lead Auditor (IATF16949) / Internal Auditor (ISO9001:2015 / AS9100D)
- 1-2 years of professional experience as a Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- 1-2 years professional experience in Project Management
- Expertise on Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001 / IATF16949 / AS 90100 standards)
- Knowledge of OEMs quality requirements (i.e. QSB, Q1)
- Strong background & experience in the automotive quality tools (i.e. PPAP, FMEA, APQP, SPC, other)
- Expertise on Quality Assessments
- Expertise on Problem Solving techniques
- Understand of DMAIC methodology
- Understand of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and writing skill
- Ability to act with limited supervision
- Drive for results, change & adaptability and leveraging resources
- Ability to lead dynamically and energize multidiscipline work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to respond to business needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and professional presence - able to work across regions and throughout the org structure to drive results
- Advanced skills on Microsoft application, such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint development
- Excellent organizational skills. Strong attention to detail / accuracy
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: International relocation – worldwide
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time