Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Supports and promotes zero incident EHS culture through the MESH (Management of Environmental, Safety, & Health) programs.
- Supports EHS Leader in setting EHS targets & objectives for the plant, Value Streams, and EHS team.
- Supports the creation of EHS goals and/or objectives for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Supports site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Supports development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Manages the development and maintaining of risk assessments at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and opportunities for safety improvements for jobs/tasks.
- Leads injury and illness investigations, as well as near misses, using A3 problem solving (or others) to capture lessons learned and implement corrective, preventive measures to avoid future injuries.
- Manages tracking of appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track EHS performance.
- Prepares reports of key EHS performance indicators to track leading and lagging indicators and supporting EHS information for presentation to Leadership group(s).
- Supports and manages MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Lead at least one MESH element(s), potentially more – supportive of others.
- Leads EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Manages MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Supports efforts for third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Recognizes and is able to integrate principle Continuous Improvement (Lean/CI) concepts into EHS and vice-versa.
- Provides support on using established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data.
- Conducts EHS training as required to ensure safe operations and compliance.
- Supports efforts to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Supports and/or manages certain Environmental programs that may require completion of annual reporting requirements and monitoring.
Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Environmental Management, and/or sciences/engineering from an accredited institution.
Minimum three (3) years of experience in EHS related field.
Minimum of one (1) year of manufacturing experience.
Demonstrated experience with safety programs.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
Experience working within a unionized facility.
Experience with environmental programs.
Understanding of ISO 14001 standards.
Proven track record of safety metric performance and improvement.
Lean Fundamentals understanding.
Experience with workers compensation.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time