Product Engineer (Switchboards)
Must be able to provide support when needed to multiple Satellite/Service Center product lines which may include Panelboards and Switchboards.
Prepare drawings/MI’s & schedule jobs for shop personnel to assemble Satellite/Service Center products
Prepare schematics and wiring diagrams for products using AutoCAD and upload as required using POM
Uses resources to engineer advanced customized products
Manage client group with little guidance from management; tasks may include determining when to visit job sites, onboard submittal reviews, general sales calls with Plant Manager
Provide technical support for customers and plant personnel
Prepare Manufacturing Orders and edit as required to maintain inventory accuracy
Assist with specific scheduling for Satellite/Service Center products; ensure these items are manufactured based on customer need and plant capacity levels
Establish, negotiate and authorize price levels & lead times for Satellite/Service Center products based on competitive feedback, plant workload and guidance from the Business Operations Manager
Maintain good working relationships with customers, distributors, supply chain, Eaton sales personnel and internal plant personnel in support of a quality customer service effort
May visit job sites to assist with quotes and troubleshooting Satellite/Service Center products
Stay abreast of Eaton technical product developments through training or other means
Perform purchasing of parts in support of Manufacturing Orders and proactively resolve all issues to ensure timely receipt of the materials required to meet the production schedule
Manage Customer Quality (CQM) warranty issues with respect to troubleshooting and engineering of products shipped
Manage engineering directives from product line engineering and ensure implementation; as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of 1 year of product engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of basic electricity
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and analyze product application issues and drive them to root cause resolution.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well in a small team environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
- Must be a strong team player that enjoys a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Mechatronics Engineering
- 3 years of related product engineering experience
- Strong product knowledge of Panelboards/Switchboards
- Strong knowledge in controls engineering
- Knowledge of Eaton applications (Bid Manager, POM, AS400, Mapics)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time