Director, Supply Chain, Connected Buildings
Eaton located in Peachtree City, GA is searching for a Director of Supply Chain for the Connected Buildings team. This position oversees the Supply Chain for specific New Product Development Programs and Components. Interfaces with Manufacturing, R&D, Marketing, Finance, Quality, Sourcing, and Distribution.
- Overall Operations responsibility for all New Product Introduction (NPI) Launch teams within the Ambient, Exit & Emergency, and Failsafe segments and indirect leadership of Controls and the Architectural Product Group (APG). Engagement starts with Toll Gate 0 (TG0) and progresses through the Sustain tollgate. Responsible for ensuring that all Supply Chain Activities are completed including confirmation of initial and final production site, design for mfg., production process control, material availability, and handoff to production facility.
- Establishment of operational policies and implementation of both long and short-term plans to achieve divisional objectives for procurement of raw materials and finished goods to support a flawless product launch. These objectives include the balanced optimization of Revenue, Delivery, Cost and Working Capital (Inventory). Specific tools used to guide this process will include the Supply Chain Analysis (SCA).
- Lead global sourcing and negotiations efforts (vendor selection, qualification, pricing, terms, quality and delivery performance), as part of overall sourcing strategy for LED, Controls, and other related components and sub assemblies including chips, drivers, heat sinks, etc. for all of Connected Buildings. Support the global sourcing and negotiation efforts as part of the overall sourcing strategy for all other purchased components.
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers including measuring supplier’s performance and driving improvement plans (ppv, quality, delivery, cost, etc).
- Lead global source and sell efforts for finished fixtures or systems within the assigned product segment.
- Lead Connected Buildings vertical integration strategy and support business case development and overall program execution.
- Drive material cost productivity for all components and related systems within the assigned segment.
- Work with sales, marketing and operations to improve forecasting accuracy through a robust PSI/S&OP planning cycle. Develop sound supply chain contingencies to enable rapid reaction to forecast deficiencies while still balancing overall business objectives.
- Develop & lead Demand Shaping program and initiatives in support of driving improved inventory and plant effectiveness while improving customer satisfaction
- Ensure sufficient capacity exists, production and supply, to meet short and long term volume requirements.
- Develop manufacturing capability to include all required quality control tools, specific test equipment and assembly standard work.
- Responsible for ensuring that supplier quality controls are designed and operating effectively to ensure sustained quality performance for all parts included in the New Product Program.
- Develop and implement monthly metrics for LED products including: deflation, cost out, inventory turns, fill rates, lead times, on time delivery to customers, and supplier related performance metrics.
- Own Total Waste Elimination (TWE) strategy & performance for Connected Buildings BU
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in progressive supply chain roles
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in supply chain management, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, Mechanical Engineering or general business
Direct experience in supply chain / manufacturing electronics, PFGR, NAFTA based assembly
Candidates must live within a 50 mile radius of Peachtree City, GA. No relocation benefits are offered for this position.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorshipPreferred qualifications:
MBA degree from an accredited university
Experience with SCM program and commodity management functions
Experience with global sourcing and supply base managementPosition Criteria:
Track record of successful implementation of large-scale distribution/inventory management strategies for a large manufacturer
Strong presentation skills with proven ability to present complex ideas to all levels of a corporate hierarchy as well as external customers and suppliers
Ability to work within and influence cross-functional teams and senior business leaders
Strong communication and presentation skills
Demonstrated knowledge and skills in MRP, JIT, Six Sigma, Lean Mfg., Kan Ban, and Vendor-Managed Inventory
Track record of experience in complex programs including but not limited to electronics, injection molding, progressive tooled metal stamping, light assembly, wireless
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time