Are currently recruiting for a:
The Primary Role of the Function is as follows:
General responsibility for meeting the schedule, scope, cost and technical targets on the project. Ability to lead small project teams and execute a gated product development process. Work closely with customers and field sales to maximize growth through new or existing product used in both military and commercial platforms. This will include supporting the PROLaunch process as the Division PROLaunch Process Manager.
The Essential Functions of the Role are as follows:
· Create project plans/master schedule and use metrics to measure progress. Provides schedule and cost variance reports to management against plan.
· Provides input and direction to the program manager and project team in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment. Manages change in scope.
· Focuses and advises on managerial concerns of the program (e.g., technical, cost, schedule and resource allocation). Uses risk management methodologies.
· Works in cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement, Customer Support, Suppliers, etc.).
· Provides monthly project updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule).
· Proposal preparation for new products and programs, which includes, quotation support, such as pricing strategy, market intelligence, and competitor knowledge relating to new or existing products.
· Maintain and report key metrics for senior management including development program milestone OTD and PROLaunch status.
· Perform market research, surveys, and analysis relating to new product opportunities. Support customer and field sales with information, product literature, sales samples and data relating to new or existing products. Assist Product Manager in monitoring customer activity and competitive trends.
· Champion and maintain key program management tools such as PROLaunch, Project Server, Microsoft Project, etc.
· PROLaunch process manager responsibilities includes; 1) Champion the overall process within the organization, 2) Define and implement allowable changes to the process, 3) Train individuals and teams, 4) Gather, analyze and report PROLaunch metrics to assess overall performance, and 4) Participate in the ongoing development, improvement, and maintenance of the PROLaunch System.
· Completes other duties as assigned.
BS / BA preferred
3-5 years experience and/or related project management duties
Strong analytical skills
Technical aptitude preferred
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Software especially Microsoft Project
Candidates will have the Ability to lead a small project team
you will have very strong analytical skills
the ability to manage internal and external communications
Candidates will ideally have supervisory skills but not essential
Candidates will have worked 25k to 500k project sizes
You will be Good with numbers and presentations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time