Head - Distribution Sales
- Responsible for achieving sales goals as per profit plan thru adopting high amount of flexibility by focusing on selling ‘available’ product mix, at the same time, strive to safeguard the existing share of business in the market place. This job would require acquiring high degree of end customer/product markets, manage this knowledge/data in a presentable form and analyze the same at regular intervals to know the real business opportunities. Responsible for performance management of Distributors, identifying gaps and improvement action plans.
- Responsible for understanding specific customer requirements (read business opportunities) in terms of product specifications, quantity, delivery and, position Eaton offerings as value proposition considering the choice available to the customer from competition. Report competitor activities, market and customer trends on regular basis.
- Pursue/negotiate and convert the opportunities to orders. Ensuring that the customer needs are fully communicated internally – technical specs, quantity, packaging & delivery and after sales service requirements etc.
- Coordinate with Sales Planning and Forecasting function to ensure that his customer requirements are forecasted and planned for and orders executed per customer requirements. Will be required to track and provide early indication of changes in customer schedules, product mix and other requirements.
- Ensure on time collection of payments from customers as per agreed terms including Sales tax form , TDS deduction certificate collection etc
- Provide information for and participate in the Distributor sales plan development process. He will be the lead in executing and tracking these plans for all his Distributors.
- Work with the Service Engineer in the area and the plant to timely close all customer field complaints and ensure that all actions taken and fully communicated within the customer’s organization.
- Travel extensively (min 50%) to support Eaton business and channel partners business and during the travel, make best use of communication tools made available to him to ensure day to day priorities are not hampered. The travel must be well planned in advance and travel must be targeted at converting business opportunities with end customers, generate confidence/promote Eaton brand in end markets, conduct presentations/seminars in the direction of customer knowledge/confidence enhancement. Must ensure enough returns on the time and money invested in such travels and achieve high degree of economy in conducting such travels.
- Identify and work through the Platform Sales Manager/Regional Sales Manager and Sales Head to identify white space, appointment new distributors, new product opportunities and lead the activities at the customer level. Identifying customer requirements of product specification, quantities, competitive offering etc will be a key role in this function.
- Ensure communication and relationship building within the customer organization with support and guidance from the Platform Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager. Will perform as the day to day first point of contact between the customer organization and Eaton Hydraulics Operations
- Develop corporate relations as a part of marketing strategy, by virtue of planning & executing events like product development presentations and Tech day or seminars.
- Sound knowledge of Hydraulics products, technologies and markets with 10 – 12 yrs of experience
- Engineering graduate with understanding of customer application requirements
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal articulation, presentation and written communication skills.
- Familiar with applicable commercial laws and practices
- Capability to scan and obtain market intelligence – good networking skills
- Relationship skills with all levels and functions within the customers organization
- Able to take decisions and organize solutions independently. Strong organizing capability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time