Senior Analyst- Tax Controversy
Is part of the Latin American Spanish speaking countries (excluding Brazil) Value Added Tax (VAT) Center of Excellence (COE) and reports to VAT COE Manager for LATAM. Prepares drafts of responses to inquiries from Value Added Tax Authorities and assists with preparation of VAT refunds, audits and inquiries related to third parties (compulsas) readiness file. Also, provides VAT advisory and supports compliance processes.
The VAT COE supports the Eaton companies in preparing, reviewing and submitting of the VAT returns and VAT Refund requests in an optimal and compliant way for Latin America region (Spanish speaking countries only) covering 15 countries and territories with more than $3,5 billion of sales and a VAT liability of $560MM.
- Supervises & prepares responses to inquiries from Value Added Tax Authorities, resolving issues based on understanding of specific tax authorities and examiners.
- Effective representation at VAT Authorities meetings and deep understanding of tax controversy & working relationships with tax authorities with the aim of fast resolution or stopping controversy before it occurs.
-Assists with preparation of VAT audits, VAT refunds and inquiries related to third parties (compulsas) readiness file & documental support.
- Report, follow up and assurance to meet VAT refunds, VAT audits and inquiries assigned goals
-Researches, documents and resolves technical tax/legal issues, supporting other team members as necessary.
-Collaborate with the operating finance/tax teams to coordinate and collect the necessary information needed to prepare responses to VAT authorities inquiries.
- Ensure electronic archiving of the documents required to attend Tax authorities Audits.
- Builds capability on the VAT refunds team by the constant training, coaching and support.
- Builds and document internal processes and controls
- Works on special project as needed.
- Builds and document prevention strategies to avoid VAT controversies.
QualificationsMinimum of 4 years of experience in Mexican Tax Controversy matters gained in a Professional Firm, Tax Authority Agency or multi-national company (mandatory).
- Law degree or LLM is desirable.
- Strong organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills in, both, English and Spanish.
- High moral, ethical and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others (including Tax Authorities).
- Self-starter, able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- A willingness to take ownership of issues and to drive solutions into businesses.
- Developed sense of urgency.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A focus on continual improvement of processes.
- Strong analytical abilities, including ability to assimilate information from multiple sources, identify issues, identify or develop solutions and then to implement them.
- SAP/Oracle experience desirable.
- Risk Management: Great sensibility in identifying and escalating risks.
1) LATAM VAT COE team still on stabilization, thus, the candidate will have significant opportunity to grow and develop based on his own performance, input, and initiative.
2) VAT refunds process it is a repetitively process, and the candidate must turn the routing in an exciting and satisfying experience for him/her and the team.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time