Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Power Quality Division, located in Raleigh, NC, has an opening for a Quality Engineer.
Under the supervision of the Plant Quality Manager, support plant goals and objectives including the implementation and daily execution of ELSS Tools and the Eaton Quality System (EQS).
- Implements and controls various methods, equipment, and procedures to monitor and control product quality as directed by the plant Quality Manager.
- Monitor, write and maintain quality procedures and work instructions necessary to comply with government, customer and corporate quality requirements.
- Maintain various statistics and produce and maintain various records and reports.
Investigate and respond as requested to requests for Corrective Action Reports on product performance
- Coordinate and manage reviews and revisions to production FMEA and Control Plans
- Train, lead and facilitate cross-functional improvement and problem solving teams
- Monitor and coordinate Quality Specialist involvement in root cause analysis and trend reporting
- Represent Mfg Quality during new product launches to include process FAIs
- Communicate and share best practices and lessons learned across the Division
- Participate in ongoing evaluations of the plant’s lean progress via the ELSS Assessment Guide utilizing support from plant leadership.
- Active participant in the deployment of Eaton Business System, Eaton Business Excellence, Eaton Quality System and customer satisfaction processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 6 months of experience in a manufacturing environment
- No relocation is being offered for the role. All candidates must reside within 50 miles of Raleigh, NC.
- Computer skills: WISPER, MINI Tab, Autocad, MS Access
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Six Sigma, 8D Problem Solving, FMEA, DOE, APQP, PPAP, QMS Standards, Statistical Process Control
- Project management skills.
- ASQ Certification
- Six Sigma Greenbelt
- Manufacturing Quality related experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No