Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Analyst - IT (Business Analysis)
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Employees at APAC IT are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
We are currently looking for experienced IT professionals to join our Administrative COE (ADMCOE) to add business value by defining information needs and business requirements and analyze issues in order to develop system specifications which will lead to the development of optimal solutions. It also has an element of support to business users and ensuring higher level of satisfaction in the user for IT support.
· Establish system specifications appropriate to the problem/s by consulting with management, administration and technical staff.
· Define and write program specifications. Work with Business Function SME directly to come up with specific requirements and collaborate across teams like HR, Finance, Legal , Tax etc.
· Estimate costs of systems and prepare cost-benefit analyses, definitions and schedules for management approval
· Prepare flow charts, mathematical and other models of problems, and produce formalized solutions
· Implement acceptance testing and user training plans to ensure of the products as well as its smooth execution
· Build relationships with users, technical staff and management to determine and resolve issues associated with systems implementation
· Analyze and document requirements by liaising with a range of people including users managers and other IT , drawing together information needs across a distributed organization
· Assist in the management of projects which are likely to bring about improved efficiency and functionality of business processes
· Assist users to generate ad-hoc reports and perform database inquiries utilizing Cognos, MS access and SQL scripts
· Liaise with other information technology staff to develop strategies to integrate network developments with system and business developments
· Basic understanding of integration and impact points of involved systems for a division and/or region or function
· Basic understanding of how to acquire and assimilate industry software practices and standards. Also with basic technical knowledge and understanding of computer hardware and software, data management, application programming, data communications, operating systems, utilities and data security
Must work independently. Ability to estimate project work, define business requirements planning and approach, stakeholder assessment, plan, facilities and requirements elicitation.
Able to prepare documentation, perform document analysis, data flow diagrams, perform documentation analysis, interviews, observation, walkthroughs and SWOT analysis.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience as a business analyst or of business function with implementation and/Or support of business systems and applications.
- Oracle EBS knowledge is a must. Preference for Financials and HRMS functional knowledge.
- Knowledge of Cognos and Oracle Business Intelligence reporting is desirable
- 4 year Bachelor degree in computing science or similar is required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time