Transformer Core/Coil Design Engineer
- You will be the primary owner of all core design strategy and engineering issues
- You will design rules which are aligned to plant constraints based on product scope
- You will work in partnership with manufacturing to ensure consistent direction and execution
- You will lead efforts for standardization and complexity reduction on the shop floor
- You will ensure manufacturability and best practices
- You will support production with technical support
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of core or coil engineering design experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Experience working on electrical sector, power systems products
Experience with transformer coil winding and transformer manufacturing
Experience with core design rules
Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing
Working knowledge of SAP ERP systems
Practical knowledge of phase gate Program Management processes
Working knowledge of ISO quality standards
- Knowledge of core design practices and failure modes.
- Good oral, interpersonal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple support requests simultaneously.
- Works to deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Computer knowledge and the ability to use Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary groups.
- Ability to work with multicultural teams.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time