Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
District Customer Service Representative
- Communicates directly with customers and outside sale representatives via phone and email to represent the company and obtain orders.
- Advises customers of availability, price, and terms in line with standard parameters.
- Exercises limited authority in pricing to meet competitive pressures.
- Prepare complete, comprehensive, pricing agreements (quotations, ship & debit agreement, and stock discounts) in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with other departments to quote lead times and delivery dates for product which is not in stock.
- Accurately processes all customer requests including orders (received via phone, fax, or electronically from manufacturers reps, distributors, OEM’s & internal sales personnel),
- Return Material Authorizations and credit requests in the appropriate database.
- Follows up as necessary with other departments (eg. Operations, Purchasing, Shipping & Finance) to ensure delivery dates are met, and proactively communicates delayed shipments to customers.
- Resolves problems with shipments or invoicing. Issues Return Goods Authorizations and enters replacement orders as necessary and raises the appropriate quality notifications to ensure root cause of issues are addressed. Coordinates with B-Line production, engineering, and accounting departments for the processing of credits, warehouse releases, and returned materials authorization.
- Responsible for ensuring issues are escalated to managers for prompt investigation and action as required
- Advises customers on use and application of standard products and refers more technical inquiries to appropriate personnel. Cross-references B-Line products with competitor’s products to highlight the breadth of our line and suggest alternatives to make the sale.
- Suggests add-on products to customer’s order, as appropriate to meet customer needs and increase the value of the order.
- Develop knowledge of market trends, geographical conditions, and competitive activity
- Accountable for maintaining profit margins and price realization while supporting growth targets
- Understand and execute divisional pricing strategies related to market share growth and profit targets
- Maintain cooperative relationships with product management, sales teams, and customers to ensure adherence to policies
- Follow up on outstanding quotations to determine project status, increase success rate, and measure win/loss ratios
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
- College diploma from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience in customer support
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 80 kilometer radius of the Mississauga, ON facility will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- University degree from an accredited institution
- Experience with SAP
- Background in manufacturing or distribution
- Experience with CRM systems
- Experience with distributors, contractors or engineering
- Experience with electrical, mechanical or datacom channels to market and familiarity with selling through manufacturer’s representative, distribution, or factory direct sales forces
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong math background with excellent analytical skills
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Politique d'accessibilité: Eaton a mis en place des politiques d’accessibilité afin d’accommoder des employés avec un handicap. Si vous êtes sélectionnés pour une entrevue et que vous avez besoin d’accommodement, veuillez partager l’information avec le recruteur ou le superviseur afin que nous puissions faire des ajustements raisonnables pour vos besoins. Nos politiques d’accessibilité peuvent être consultées au : http://www.eatoncanada.ca/FR/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time