Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton Brierley Hill
Are currently recruiting for a Quality Manager
To lead the Quality Assurance function and managing the Quality / Business systems in compliance with IATF/Eaton Quality System (EQS) regulations.
Supporting Automotive system requirements.
Lead team efforts to establish and monitor customer/supplier relations, support strategic planning and deployment initiatives, and help develop measurement systems to determine organizational improvement.
These approaches are key to deliver new products on time to assure the growth plans of the plant are achieved.
- Lead and improve the business system aligned to the requirements of IATF16949 and EQS requirements.
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Build customer relationships and satisfaction through frequent proactive visits and correspondence and reacting promptly to any customer complaint.
- Proactively work with customer and plant employees to anticipate and address problems and issues before they occur.
- Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Support New Product Launch and STP (Standard Transition Process) through Quality Engineering preparation of new part samples, PPAP documentation including Control Plans, Process Quality Requirements, product layouts and calibration requirements.
- Meets quality departmental financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops quality assurance plans to improve repeatability, reducing Cost of Non Conformance by conducting risk assessments; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing standards, monitoring procedures, implementing corrective actions driven through A3, 8D and QOS tools, and verification procedures to sustain improvements.
- Maintains and improves product quality by leveraging Continual Improvement Framework and Problem Solving Methodology; completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints using 8D methodology ; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, warranty complaints, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Candidates are required to hold a technical degree
German language skill would be an additional benefit
Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or Tier 1 experience in Manufacturing, Quality or Engineering.
IATF 16949 system management
Plastic Moulding experience would be an additional benefit.
Highly effective Interpersonal skills.
Effective communication skills
Ability to coordinate and integrate activities across the organization.
Capability of sizing up the situation quickly and addressing the issue
6 Sigma methodology (minimum Green Belt) preferred
Project management skills
PMFEA, Control Plan, Flow Charts, 8D and A3.
Ability to establish and maintain good customer relationships
Lean experience required
Solid hands on management experience
Experience of working in an automotive manufactruing fast paced environement
Performance Management experience
Internal and external customer facing experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time