Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineering Project Leader
- Manages assigned projects to meet schedule, performance and financial goals
- Develops the project scope and initial requirements. Tracks and manages scope or requirement changes throughout the project lifecycle
- Manages and tracks product cost, project costs, and capital spending against established targets.
- Establishes and maintains metrics for project financials, quality, technical performance and delivery through all PROLaunch phases.
- Manages multiple projects and activities simultaneously to meet defined objectives while
prioritizing and resolving conflicts.
- Defines and delineates work breakdown for all functional areas
- Leads and manages an Integrated Project Team (IPT) in a functional matrix environment. Directs others without formal reporting relationships across multiple functions and/or sites.
- Implements effective risk management. Works with the IPT to define project risks then proactively identify and execute risk mitigation actions.
- Integrates all requirements, risks and goals into a complete, integrated project plan.
- Identifies and secures required resources, prepares a budget and defines the schedule to achieve objectives.
- Ensures various functional organizations contribute and meet the overall objectives and deliverables for the project.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project management, product engineering or product design/development.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience in project management or product development
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Experience with resource planning and budget management.
- Experience with Microsoft Project or an equivalent project management tool.
- Ability to develop financial and resource models for projects and activities.
- Ability to identify project risk, develop risk mitigation plans and then implement those plans.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team in a matrix organization.
- Requires an individual who is self-motivated, self-managed, team-oriented, proactive, attentive to detail, task oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience with working with global teams.
- Experience with Uninterruptable Power Supply Systems and/or power electronic products.
- UPS Systems or Power Systems project management or product development experience.
- Project Management Certification or training.
- Experience with or exposure to Agile project management.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time