Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Apprentice Machinist (3rd Shift)
- Work from drawings, specifications, programs, data, and schedule
- Operate machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to exacting tolerances
- Work from programming, operational data, fixtures, and material clamping methods
- Calibrate and operate onboard measurement probes to establish work coordinate
- Operate Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) to verify part quality
- Arrange, mount, and secure tooling in machine rack. Support and clamp work piece in absence of holding fixtures,
- Will work directly with CNC Machinist II
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Searcy, AR will be considered
- Knowledge of shop math for machinist (inch to metric conversion, addition / subtraction of decimals and fractions, etc.)
- Knowledge of gauging concepts and techniques (calipers, height gages, micrometers, profilometer, roundness gages, plug gages, air gages, dial depth gages, etc.)
- The ability to perform Machine Preventative Maintenance (changing filters, coolant concentration management and monitoring oil levels)
- Ability to lift and manipulate up to 40 lbs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No