Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst - CPQ Support
State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
At EITC, we are currently looking for experienced IT professionals to join ADQS Front End Support team as an Individual Contributor with specializations in Oracle Big Machines CPQ. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
As Support Analyst, should Lead and govern software application support for CPQ. Listed below are the Primary functions that this position is responsible for .
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
1. Provides an understanding of both technology and business concepts and is able to articulate business processes.
2. Maintains a strong knowledge of current and developing technologies impacting the technology domain and User Community. This is to be achieved through continuing education, participation in user groups, professional organizations, ongoing personal research into emerging and evolving technologies
3. Proactively engages with team and leads to improve upon all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle.
4. Participates in meetings and facilitate discussion that leads to meaningful dialogue and identifies and documents appropriate system / business requirements.
5. Works on Analysis and Design for requests assigned in addition to development and testing.
6. Provides estimates for effort and schedule for assigned tasks. On-Time Delivery and Quality(per Defect Density).
7. Creates and executes test plans for task and unit level programming deliverables.
8. Creates test data to prove all test cases. Executes and documents results of test plans to ensure modules will operation properly in the production environment.
9. Performs peer review of deliverables. Makes recommendations to team.
10. Assist with unit and integration testing for requests and incidents.
11. Ensures sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders.
12. Performs promotion and migration activities of software and components through the pre-production to production instances; and operational activities.
13. Implements changes in compliance with Eaton practices for change management.
14. Satisfactorily deliver IT services exceeding the established SLAs while maintaining satisfactory customer feedback.
15. Maintains understanding of key processes, schedules, cycles, profiles, etc. for the technical systems in use by a customer.
16. Ability to work independently, work under pressure, adapt to demanding situations and maintain schedules.
17. Provide ad-hoc, one-on-one training as appropriate by assisting users with questions and procedures for increased technology adoption, and to increase productivity.
18. Provide regular, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) on the status of issues, deliverables prioritization and timing back to IT stakeholders.
19. Consults with customers and IT managers to develop, define, execute and prioritize work assignments and work delivery.
20. Communicate with customers, suppliers and vendors for issues and resolutions, articulated in terms they understand.
21. Communicates effectively with both technical and business personnel to gather requirements, communicate expectations, identify solutions, and create action plans.
22. Collaborate/share support work / Knowledge to other team members and third Party applications/teams.
23. Recommends and leads improvements to applications and processes in order to decrease issues and maintain quality. (Demonstrates Problem Management Expertise)
24. Partners with other groups to seek out opportunities to increase end-user customer satisfaction and operational efficiency
25. Leads continuous improvements on in-scope support initiatives.
Basic understanding of some of Eaton IT organization.
Good analytical skills and debugging skills, business process knowledge
Good understanding on applications including integrations
Good understanding on Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies.
Working knowledge on ITSM processes.
Role will operationally support technologies in Cloud- CPQ / Oracle Sales Cloud
A Bachelor’s degree and three to Five years hands on experience in design, development and support with the at least 2.5 years on Oracle CPQ and hands on experience in supporting complex CPQ issues
ITIL , or comparable certification desirable.
Must have a strong focus on UX/CX including Styling, jquery, CSS and Bootstrap
Ability to work and lead collaboratively. Strong written and oral communications skills.
Understands IT application infrastructure and security technologies.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time