Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Create and execute innovative power systems & power conversion based programs based on breakthrough technologies for electrical, industrial, automotive, truck, and aerospace applications.
- Responsible for the successful execution of the Research & Technology programs within their scope, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Lead and support advancing the state of the art of power systems, power electronics and power converter technologies.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural globally distributed teams.
- Provide support during program proposal efforts in determining WBS, level of effort, resource planning and cost.
- Ensure proprietary and customer provided controlled information is managed and protected as required.
- Manage Profit and Loss of Research & Technology programs. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Initiate, lead and support global technology programs utilizing Eaton’s internal AgileStarts™ framework including Technology Reviews, and Project Reviews.
- Establish objectives and goals and provides direction to the project team members in areas of project execution, customer concerns, changes in scope and risk assessment. Communicates and manages customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Maintain and report applicable metrics for programs, e.g. quality, technical performance, and readiness levels (technology, commercial, manufacturing).
- Develop and coordinate communications channels with customers that will ensure the exchange of information relating to product characteristics, quality, delivery and service.
- Participate in multiple product or technology strategy development in Eaton’s Business Divisions and CRT. Active participation throughout Technology Platform strategy development processes.
- Initiate and manage stakeholder relationships with Business Divisions and externally (Universities, National Labs, End Customers) that would lead to concrete projects in the US and internationally.
- Assist in developing technology/solution visions, compelling value propositions for key technologies, technology and product roadmaps to enable market commercialization.
- Manage multi-cultural distributed teams on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Take a leadership role in the onsite Safety and MESH (environmental health and safety), Partner with the building EHS Manager and councils to ensure the CRT is in compliance and supporting required initiatives.
- Manage and execute procurement processes for subcontractors, project materials and organization capital.
- Manage required Non-Disclosure Agreements with customers, vendors, partners including national labs and academic institutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering field from accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in managing projects and programs with multiple stakeholders and high degree of complexity, including components/subsystem/system scope of responsibility, high risk, and significant NRE budget.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship.
- No relocation offered; candidate must reside within 50 miles of Denver, CO.
- Experience with Power Systems and/or Power Conversion Engineering projects/programs.
- Proven track record in new product/technology development projects that resulted in successful commercialization.
- Proven track record of achieving program execution results through robust quantitative program management techniques.
- Builds a high performance integrated team environment and maintains a well-informed and cohesive team across the various functional areas and /or geographical regions at all times.
- Uses interpersonal savvy and connectedness in communication and relationship building with all key stakeholders.
- Thinks, acts and solves problems with a customer focused mentality.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner.
- Demonstrated technology leadership.
- Collaborative orientation. The ability to succeed in a highly team oriented environment.
- Globally astute. Understands how to adapt communication style to fit different cultures.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, drive for results, and managerial courage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in dealing with management, employees, customers and suppliers. -Senior management level communication and presentation skills.
- Business acumen with proven record of formulating value proposition, engaging customers to identify their pains and gains, defining business models and creating intellectual property.
- Master's degree in the Electrical Engineering field.
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Certified DFSS Green Belt or Black Belt.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) license through Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Entrepreneurial experience or related commercial experience.
- Certified ScrumMaster.
- Experience in managing government projects (DoE, DOD).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time