Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineering Manager - Switchgear New Product Development
- Provides technical leadership influencing product roadmaps and managing technology roadmaps.
- Manages team of multi-disciplined engineers with various experience levels, developing their overall capabilities.
- Collaborates with internal cross functional teams and external resources including Eaton’s global corporate research centers and industry/educational institutions.
- Guides team members to deliver requirements meeting schedule, cost, and quality targets.
- Guides Engineers in all aspects of engineering (product knowledge & application, product design & CAE tools, design for manufacturability & reliability).
- Performs or guides engineering analysis and digital simulation leveraging advanced tools (CAD, FEA, statistical analysis, software applications, electrical/mechanical analysis tools, etc…,).
- Applies relevant Industry Standards to product design, including development and execution of design verification and validation.
- Leadership role in complex Engineering aspects of the product design.
- Sets aggressive goals, measures performance, and strives to go beyond what is expected.
- Expected to appropriately challenge the status quo through process, product, and service improvements.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 8 years of design engineering experience
- No Sponsorship- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Green belt or black belt trained and certified
- Experience with phase gate project management processes
- 3 or more years NPD engineering experience
- Experience leading directly/indirectly peers and/or project teams.
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated expertise in Engineering analysis and digital simulation (CAD, FEA, statistical analysis, software applications, electrical/mechanical analysis tools, etc…,).
- Strong product design, DFM/DFA, and manufacturing knowledge.
- Understanding of relevant Industry Standards and how they apply to the product, including practice in design verification and validation.
- Past experience in leading projects from concept through production implementation
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time