Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Circuit Protection Industry Certification Lead
- Manage and drive regulatory agency certification projects to closure for North America, Europe, Asia and electronics groups, including UL, CSA, CCC, IEC, and CE, acting as the point of contact for Bussmann Division for the agency’s representatives.
- Manage the product certification records for the Eaton’s Bussmann Division product portfolio.
- Provide expertise in the interpretation of industrial standards, including product design, ratings, application, and testing requirements.
- Act as a liaison between manufacturing plant and agency representatives to quickly disposition resolve variation notices and product holds.
- Participate in standards committees to develop, revise, and review changes to industry standards for the purpose of creating competitive advantages or defending against potential loss of revenue. Seek out additional industry standards and committees that would be advantageous for Bussmann Division’s participation.
- Review marketing literature and product designs in order to provide feedback regarding agency ratings, and potential certification or liability issues.
- Support laboratory agency certification process, data management and audits.
- Manage expenses for agency certifications, inspections and follow-up testing with a focus on reducing cost.
- Manage the continuous improvement process for regulatory agency certifications and UL Holds
- Analyze product liability occurrences and provide support to legal team and other functions during all phases of litigation
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with an emphasis in electrical product testing and/or agency certification.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- The person in this position needs an understanding of all product standards, both national and international, along with knowledge of application standards that pertain to the use of our products.
- Relationships with industry standards members are necessary in order to get the changes that advantageously impact our business.
- The position represents the United States for IEC standards on power fuses and electronic fuses.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time