Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst - IT
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
At EITC, we are currently looking for experienced IT professionals to join our Infrastructure COE (INFCOE) to
- Ideally have 4-6 years relevant hands-on experience in supporting Enterprise Platform Infrastructure environments, specifically Enterprise Backup and SAN Storage platforms.
- Possess 4 year Bachelor’s degree ( B.E) or the equivalent education (BSc IT + MCA) and/or experience.
- Work in shifts & provide 24x5 support for all Storage/backup devices in the Eaton Enterprise IT environment.
- Follow and execute incident, problem and change management processes and procedures. Also needed to possess Knowledge of the ITIL model.
- Ensure that the technical infrastructure is optimized for supportability, stability and security
A. Performs troubleshooting techniques on storage processes, applications, and hardware in a SOX compliant manner.
B. Works in conjunction with entire Platform Support team & Vendors to maintain system uptime on all enterprise wide platform devices to a world-class level.
C. Participate in Shifts , on-call rotation for off-hours & Weekend support. ( 24 X 5). Provides support during all times that the system is operational, possibly including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
D. Anticipates customer needs and is proactive in providing service.
E. Able to liaise effectively with the network support, service desk, client support, database, architecture, and security groups as well as work with OEMs & Third Party vendors.
F. Identifies multiple alternatives to resolves business needs. Lists pro’s and con’s for each alternative.
G. Keeps abreast of new technologies.
H. Looks for improvement and growth opportunities in own area. Requests training based on development plans.
I. Monitors production systems in order to identify or recognize production problems.
J. Assist with Root cause analysis as needed
• Hands on experience of working with Enterprise backup applications such as VERITAS NetBackup & EMC Avamar. (Administration & Operations ).
• Experience of working with backup media technologies such as EMC Data domain.
• Hands on Experience of provisioning storage capacity on EMC hardware ( Tier 1 and 2 SAN and NAS environments ) would be preferred.
o SAN - VMAX ( Symmetrix) , VNX, VPLEX, XtremeIO, Unity
o NAS – Isilon
• Experience of working with EMC applications & tools such as Unisphere, Symmetrix Management Console, Navisphere & Connectrix Manager.
• Knowledge of EMC local & remote replication technologies such as TimeFinder, clones & SRDF.
• Should possess Knowledge of various communication protocols such as FC, FC/IP, SCSI, iSCSI etc.
• Knowledge of OS (Windows & Linux) & Platform Virtualization fundamentals ( Windows, UNIX/Linux, VMWARE ) is mandatory.
• Knowledge of Volume Management ( LVM, Veritas VM etc.) fundamentals is preferred & will be an added advantage
• Ability to solve problems under appropriate guidance, quickly and completely, and to communicate the solution.
• Experience of working in a global environment with both local and remote teams and customers.
• Good time / priority management skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong customer focus and ability to manage customer expectations.
• Excellent teamwork & collaborative skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time