Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes:
- Uses MESH using MESH (Eaton’s Management system for Environment, Safety, and Health), and other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- Champions the Ergonomics program for the Torrance site.
- Designs processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton Quality Management System, AS9100, and ISO).
- Ensures processes are efficient in terms of capital intensity and human resources by implementing Eaton Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Active membership of the Operations team to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the manufacturing process excellence, including troubleshooting machine and tooling problems, supporting the process for review and disposition of non-conforming materials, implementing continuous flow concepts, and training production employees to execute processes.
- Design equipment, gauging, and tooling utilizing ENOVIA solid modeling software and other engineering analysis and design tools. Work with suppliers and purchasing to procure equipment, tooling, and supplies as required. Specific equipment requirements include manual assembly, semi-automatic equipment and pressure testing.
- Create and maintain PFMEAs, routers, equipment PMs, technique sheets, and equipment programs to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are achieved.
- Mentor others in Manufacturing Engineering competencies, processes, and lean concepts.
- Work directly with manufacturing operators to troubleshoot and improve processes, including fabrication, assembly, measuring, and testing of products produced.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in design and improvement of processes.
- Manage activities and budgets for manufacturing and process improvement projects, including the development of the project management requirements and all implementation documentation.
- Develop/Update manufacturing instructions and develop new process and tools for new and existing products.
- Provide support to launch projects through ProLaunch team as required to achieve a flawless launch.
- Create, review and improve manufacturing routers and travelers to ensure system accuracy.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical subject, or equivalent 4 year degree in manufacturing/process related field.
Three (3) years of experience in a technical role supporting manufacturing processes or other related engineering function
Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius from our location in Torrance, CA will be considered for the role.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on a continual and on-going basis
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
Bachelor degree in electrical engineering
Equipment, tooling and fixture design and/or improvement with demonstrated results
Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team.
Proficient at SAP business system and ENOVIA Product Cycle Management
Mechanical and control knowledge for equipment troubleshooting and recommendation of improvements to product and process
Previous lean and/or six sigma certification, with demonstrated results
Experience in power supply assembly, manual assembly/test, metal fabrication and bend, chemical processes, and production processes
Limited travel may be required (<10%)
Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many teams from manufacturing operations, to new product development, to test engineering, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time