Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Product Specialist
- Develops sufficient proficiency in proposals in order to lead project(s) which will deploy field pricing systems to the field sales team. Role will involve ongoing development of proposals along with a balance of project management and actual development of rules based pricing systems.
- Leads project(s) for implementation and deployment of field based pricing systems to support the product line.
- Leverages VOC (Voice of Customer) from field sales teams in order to adequately capture needs and desires for field based pricing systems
- Develops project plan(s) as necessary and lead all aspects of field based pricing project execution which will involve managing projects through cross functional teams involved across the product line.
- Determines if customer Request for Quotation or specification is complete enough to provide a quotation or if it fits into the product scope
- Analyzes customer Request for Quotation and specification requirements to create a customer proposal which includes price, lead-time, bill of material descriptions, drawings, commercial terms and conditions, technical clarifications and exceptions, and supporting data and information when applicable
- Assists sales on product offerings, alternates, and options if customer information is vague or incomplete. This includes price adders on options and accessories
- Provides real time support and training to outside sales on quotation tool
- Reviews, cleanses and processes orders as required, including approval drawing orders
- Provides non-binding budget pricing via phone or email
- Provides pre-sales technical support to proposals, sales, Inside Sales Representatives, and customers
- Assists in driving and maintaining Eagle systems to insure correctness of quotation information
- Implements process efficiencies in composition of quotations (Enhancements, Eagle Import, Mass Change, Margin Report, Pricing Analytics)
- Maintains ISO procedures and work instructions for proposals as needed
- Supports customer complaint root cause analysis and corrective actions for proposals
- Assists scheduling, production and engineering on customer expedite requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in product support, customer service, inside sales, or proposal support in a technical environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the South Milwaukee, WI facility will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a technical field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in product support, customer service, inside sales, or proposal support in a technical environment
- Experience in leading and implementing projects
- Working knowledge of C++, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, or similar
- Programming/development/proposals experience with Configured and/or Engineered To Order (CTO / ETO) manufactured products.
- Minimum of 2 years working with SAP
- Experience in the utility industry
- Experience implementing pricing/quotation systems
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in an efficient manner and demonstrate a good work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills to support internal and external contacts within a multi-cultured environment
- Ability to work on multiple quotes/orders/projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to work on time sensitive quotes/orders/projects, meet critical deadlines, and deliver commitments in a calm and organized manner
- Ability to gain, utilize and share technical knowledge
- Very customer and commercial centric
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time