Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Product Manager - Underground Distribution Switchgear
- Proactively gather and interpret competitor and market information and conduct market research to identify and define emerging new product and product adjacency opportunities. Perform competitive analysis and develop product competitive comparisons as needed.
- Identify, gather, quantify and transform VOC (Voice of Customer) inputs into new business opportunities including new product development, existing product optimization, service programs, product rationalization, value engineering, marketing programs and other initiatives to support the overall Product Line Roadmap.
- Manage and oversee the development of marketing engineers providing customer product and application support for product lines of responsibility.
- Execute Marketing responsibilities and documentation required in ProLaunch for assigned new product development projects. Provide Product Roadmap input and drive key alignment to Switchgear business.
- Execute product launches (hard and soft), working closely with marketing communications, engineering, sales and product line teams. Develop, maintain, and update product documentation and sales tools to include presentations, website and e-marketing, literature, video, cross references and other marketing tools. Lead product line’s participation in division wide marketing programs (i.e. trade shows, events, etc.).
- Support the Product Line Manager and other stakeholders to develop, update and implement Strategic Plan (annual).
- Create and update presentations and spreadsheets as needed (business reviews, profit plan, staff meetings, sales meetings, customer meetings, market share files, etc.). Participate in assigned meetings.
- Provide product training / develop training materials for Customers, Eaton sales personnel and Eaton channel partners.
- Work closely with Product Line, Utility and C&I Sales and other stakeholders to achieve Profit Plan Financials annually. Attain orders, sales, margin, and vitality sales objectives for assigned new and existing products.
- Recommend and execute pricing actions. Manage product mix and volume to meet overall product line profitability targets.
- Travel as required in position to gather VOC data and to perform essential functions detailed above.
- Other Duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales, product marketing, engineering or combination
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical).
Master’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing.
Minimum 5 years of industry experience with a manufacturer, distributor, large user of power distribution equipment or large user of power distribution equipment.
Minimum 2 years of experience in business development, product management or strategic planning.
Knowledge of electrical systems applications, equipment and standards.
Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented.
Superior analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change.
Advocate customers’ needs, collaborating effectively with associates above, below and across the organization to ensure customer needs are defined and met.
Leadership and sense of urgency: action-oriented and proactive approach with an ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment.
Aptitude and affinity for technical product details, including the ability to read, analyze and interpret technical drawings.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Effective interpersonal skills.
Ability to use Microsoft Office and other computer tools to analyze and solve routine problems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time