Our Marketing Intern Placement Programme is first-class when it comes to giving placement students real insight into working in a large global business whilst preparing you for a professional career. The Marketing Analytics intern’s role will be to providetechnical support as we begin developing our experience in the application of advanced analytics to marketing challenges.
Who we are:
We make what matters work. Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion, with approximately 95,000 employees and selling products to customers in more than 175 countries. Within the UK we have numerous locations across the country operating within the Electrical, Hydraulic, Vehicle and Aerospace industries.
What you will get:
During the year placement you will gain invaluable experience working with a team of diverse employees. From day one you will be mentored by highly skilled Marketing professionals who will guide and support you to ensure you receive the maximum from your placement.
As the Marketing Analytics intern you will gain an understanding of the marketing function, including:
• Understand a business problem, and what a potential solution to the problem could look like
• Develop a proposed analytic approach to addressing the issue
• Identify the data sources required to support the analysis
• Work with other Eaton employees to create an appropriate data set
• Experiment with a number of different approaches to tackling the problem
• Document a proposed solution to the problem
• Examine if and how the solution may need to be industrialised, and provide recommendations
• Present the results to EMEA Marketing Leadership team
• Identify potential data quality issues
• Identify how we could improve the tagging and other data supporting processes
• Identify potential new sources of data to support our analytical growth
Candidates should ideally be undergraduates working towards a minimum of a 2:1 and studying in a related discipline. This would include degrees with a very strong maths/statistics component including; Statistics / Mathematics / Physics / Economics & Stats / Psychology & Stats.
Working with statistical data (multi-variate regression, cluster analysis, decision trees etc.) and/or econometrics (time-series, multi-variate) and/or machine learning (random forests, neural networks) would be an advantage. In addition to programming experience in SAS, R, Matlab, SPSS, SQL or similar.
Please provide your first year classification on your application.
You must have legal authorization to work in the United Kingdom without company sponsorship.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No