Our Marketing Intern Placement Programme is first-class when it comes to giving placement students real insight into working in a large global business whilst preparing you for a professional career. The User Experience (UX) intern’s role will be to provide technical and operational support as we begin developing our application of user experience testing to improving our online presence on Eaton.com and our campaign websites.
Who we are:
We make what matters work. Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion, with approximately 95,000 employees and selling products to customers in more than 175 countries. Within the UK we have numerous locations across the country operating within the Electrical, Hydraulic, Vehicle and Aerospace industries.
What you will get:
During the year placement you will gain invaluable experience working with a team of diverse employees. From day one you will be mentored by highly skilled Marketing professionals who will guide and support you to ensure you receive the maximum from your placement.
As the User Experience (UX) intern you will gain an understanding of the marketing function, including:
User Experience projects:
• Validate and implement the UX test methodologies plan proposed by our agency
• Work with other Eaton employees to create Eaton-specific User Test Groups
• Data analysis of Google Analytics and other testing tool results
• Work with our agency and other Eaton employees to run pilot UX testing programs on Eaton.com and our campaign websites using user surveys, usability testing, UX design testing and A/B testing
• Work with our agency to develop testing hypotheses prioritized for maximum impact
• Work with our agency to understand how the testing programme can be industrialized, and provide recommendations
• Present the results to EMEA Digital Marketing community
• Be the central point of contact in the Electrical Sector EMEA Marketing Technology and Commercial Operations team for UX testing discussions
• Lead the training of our ES EMEA marketing colleagues in developing and running UX testing programs
• Identify potential testing opportunities on Eaton.com and our campaign websites
• Identify how we could improve the UX testing processes
• Identify any issues with data coming into the testing environment, and work with our IT colleagues on fixing any system integration issues
• Work with content/site owners/eaton.com core team to improve the online UX as a result of an analysis of the testing programme results
Candidates should ideally be undergraduates working towards a minimum of a 2:1 and studying in a related discipline. This would include any STEM / Psychology or similar degree requiring data processing and analytical skills.
Working with statistical data (multi-variate regression, cluster analysis, decision trees etc.) and/or econometrics (time-series, multi-variate) would be an advantage.
Please provide your first year classification on your application.
You must have legal authorization to work in the United Kingdom without company sponsorship.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No