Lead Analyst – IT Solution Design
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Lead Analyst – IT Solution Design
Location: Hungary - Budapest
The Lead Analyst - IT Solution Designer for the Business Intelligence (BICOE) solution design team will have primary responsibility for driving and supporting the the design and technical leadership for strategically aligned projects incorporating best practices and established pattern standards throughout the project lifecycle as an expert in Eaton business intelligence systems and architecture. The Solution Designer, may at times, facilitate project activities across multiple business organizations spanning sectors that are small to medium in nature, as a component of larger scale programs.
You should have a solid grounding in IT process, excellent business intelligence centered technical acumen, strong business process knowledge, and the curiosity and drive to consistently deliver results that leverage and improve upon existing standards and best practices. Be highly self-motivated with strong communication skills and the ability to guide others in ambiguous situations and have a demonstrated ability to translate highly complicated technical solutions into understandable and logical components.
You must also have excellent knowledge of Business Intelligence principles from front end to back end including reporting, Data Modeling, ETL, Unstructured Data Management, and Data Warehousing. Toolset experience should include Informatica, Hadoop, OBIEE, Qlikview and/or other industry leading BI tools. Ability to write and understand SQL is expected.
- Project Management: Proficient in PROLaunch for IT process, project management methodology and associated tools. Leads and guides technical aspects of small- and medium-sized project delivery through the entire project lifecycle – from requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, audit and post-production support.
- Business Development: Reviews and addresses requests from the business. Able to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-IT personnel. Thinks issues through, anticipates problems and takes action to prevent them or minimize their impact. Possess solid knowledge of sales, manufacturing, supply chain, and financial processes and how BI solutions benefit them.
- Communications: Communicates effectively with both technical and business personnel to gather requirements, communicate expectations, identify solutions, and create action plans. Collaborates with the business and openly discusses approach/design options.
- Evaluation: Evaluate, propose, and recommend alternative solutions to solve business problems and improve business processes in support of the operation's key strategies. Interactions with business organizations to evaluate and understand new IT requests. Understand the validity of IT requests and make initial determination of severity of impact on currently available systems.
- Integration and Design: Leads integration and design framework including BI specific applications and underlying infrastructure that comprise the Eaton’s IT architecture toolset, practices and policies. Familiar with both internal and external application solutions to help deliver IT solutions to resolve business problems. Collaborates with others, as appropriate, in identifying issues, problems, opportunities, and developing solutions.
- Process Design: Works closely with project business analysts to proactively build and is accountable for the translation of business, customer, and supplier needs into technical deliverable capability. Identifies and recommends business process improvements in a context that is appropriate to both the business and IT communities.
- Business Requirements: Write detailed Project Charters and Project Status Reports. Able to develop Business Requirements Documents (BRD), User Test cases, and design documents.
- Estimation: Apply knowledge of technology and business functions to establish development efforts and costs for IT requests. Work with project and resource managers to develop feasibility estimates based on available resource hours and project demands.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of (5-7) years’ experience in IT/Business or equivalent analytical experience
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and methods including but not limited to Informatica, Oracle Enterprise Data Quality, Oracle Business Intelligence, Hadoop, NoSQL, Big Data principals
- Expert level understanding of data warehousing and business intelligence principles.
- Expert level understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Expert level understanding of relational database principles.
- Working knowledge of XQuery ad Java Script languages
- Proven experience working with large data volumes
- Ability to quickly analyze situations and produce sound architecture to scale and for reusability.
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging and problem solving skills.
- Experience in 3rd party/supplier managed system implementations.
- Ability to travel as required (up to 25%) based on assignment needs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time