IT Lead Analyst Functional Analysis
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Lead Analyst – IT Functional Analyst
Location: Hungary - Budapest
The Lead Analyst – IT Functional Analyst for the Business Intelligence data services team is responsible for designing and delivering data solutions to address business and technical requirements, leveraging standard principles and patterns. The analyst will work closely with our customers to analyze business processes and systems processes, mapping and integrating data for customer reporting. The candidate will assist in gathering project requirements and provide solution designs based on data availability and data quality.
The candidate must have knowledge of Business Intelligence principles including: data wrangling, data profiling, data modeling, ETL, data warehouseing, and data integration. The candidate must be self-motivated with strong communication skills for translating business requirements into technical solutions and experienced with integrating data from multiple source systems to deliver enterprise reporting solutions.
- Design technical solutions and collaborate with development teams to convert customer requirements into technical code or system configuration.
- Develop complex SQL queries and identify data quality issues.
- Develop and promotes technology standards.
- Work with cross-functional resources to ensure data availability that satisfies business objectives.
- Ensure data requirements are met and any design risks are highlighted.
- Manage customer and external supplier deliverables.
- Document and drive issues through resolution, escalating to customers, suppliers and IT management as necessary.
- Provide multiple alternative options and recommend best solution to specified problem.
- Interact with solution delivery teams to approve and manage necessary change control operations.
- Participate in implementation/enhancement projects for target system using PROLaunch.
- Partner with business users on requirements, processes & systems.
- Participate in the entire project lifecycle: analysis of proposed process/system changes.
- Help manage requirements scope & disposition through process compliance & gap analysis, integration testing & user acceptance methodology.
- Management of approved requirements specifications & verification of implementation scope.
- Provide knowledge & input on system implications of process changes.
- Complete project related deliverables including data mapping and future state design documentation.
- Participate in unit testing and integration testing support.
- Support user acceptance testing events and schedules.
- Responsible for intermediate level system configurations.
- Effectively communicate the status for deliverables to project management and leadership to effectively mitigate risks and resolve issues.
- Responsible for applying business knowledge and best practices toward solution design for the system.
- Participate in implementations and third level support as required.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology
- 5-7 years of experience in IT/Business or equivalent analytical experience
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools including Oracle Enterprise Data Quality (OEDQ), Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI), and Big Data Discovery (BDD).
- Understanding of relational database, data warehousing, and Business Intelligence principles.
- Domain Expertise with limited Design Experience.
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experience designing and creating data warehouse models.
- Experience with data integration and working with large volumes of data.
- Translate user requirements into data mappings and lead requirements gathering for data analysis.
- Completed at least one full life-cycle (design, build, test, deploy) project.
- Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal). Additional language capabilities are a plus.
- Must be able to work within a virtual team environment.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle EBS, and/or MFG Pro ERP source systems.
- Up to 25% travel will be required for this position.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time