Assembler Tester - B - 2nd shift
- Operates in team environment
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics (hydraulics/electrical)
- Follow and complete process documentation
- Report labor in MRP system
- Inspect accuracy of documentation.
- Uses hand bench and power tools and measuring instruments, including transducers, oscilloscopes, virtual instruments and test boxes.
- Assembles and disassembles and tests basic and complex sub-assemblies and valve assemblies.
- Laps all required surfaces with proper tooling techniques and compounds.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Complies with Eaton standard policies and procedures.
- Able to perform root cause analysis and fault isolation.
- Rejects and reports discrepant materials.
- Ability to identify and communicate basic documentation issues.
- Requires a basic degree of skill in assembly and test technique, plus basic experience and knowledge electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical principles.
- Ability to assist less experienced technicians.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
- High School Diploma or GED required from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years experience in hydraulic assembly and test required.
- Relocation is not offered for this role. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Los Angeles, CA facility (zip code 90039) to be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 3 plus years of experience in hydraulics assembly and testing.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Lock wire and safety wire experience.
- Experience in set-up and use of XY plotter, oscilloscopes, and pressure transducer.
- Solder certification.
- ESD certification.
- Experience working in FAA environment.
- Must be prequalified to work on defense projects, per the state department ITAR regulations.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No