Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Custom Products Design Engineer
- Create designs of complex custom Underground Distribution Switchgear products within defined ETO (Engineered-to-Order) scope, in accordance with established practices and company standards, including bills of material, detail/assembly, and customer drawings.
- Perform verification of designs created by other ETO Engineers to ensure other team members’ designs are accurate prior to design release.
- Create designs that expand scope of Padmount Switchgear beyond existing defined ETO scope, based on unique customer or market requirements that have not been previously designed.
- Utilize Switchgear design, market, and manufacturing knowledge to identify VAVE, Sourcing, and Labor Productivity improvement opportunities to contribute to Switchgear productivity project deck.
- Serve as Project Leader on productivity, VAVE, and/or NPD project(s), as assigned by Manager, to help Switchgear business meet financial and growth objective.
- Provide training to less experienced engineers and designers, as assigned by Manager.
- Create and execute Engineering Change Requests/Notices, and enter into the ERP system (SAP).
- Estimate cost and design effort for complex new products and systems.
- Provide technical support to Marketing regarding sales inquiries, customer specifications, customer problems, equipment application, and engineering analysis.
- Provide technical support to Scheduling, Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Control, Quality Assurance, and Operations regarding issues with custom designs.
- Drive root cause analysis and resolution of customer complaints and material non-conformance issues.
- Make recommendations for product and process improvements, and define and implement improvement projects to increase team efficiency.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of design experience with electromechanical systems
- No Sponsorship- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- No Relocation- Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the South Milwaukee, WI site to be considered.
- Experience with custom engineering design and processes is desired
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of CAD (2D and 3D) tools with mechanical or electromechanical systems. Knowledge of industry recognized drafting and CAD standards, practices and procedures
- Experience in creating, loading, and storing engineering designs within an ERP system is desired
- Familiarity with FEA, modeling, detailing and layout drafting techniques is desired
- Knowledge of power systems, distribution switchgear products/applications, and/or industrial automation/controls is desired
- Ability to excel as a team player by successfully collaborating with engineering peers as well as cross-functional personnel to ensure custom designs meet customer expectations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No