Lead Electrical Design Engineer--eMobility
- You will guide the development and generation of product requirements specification based on Voice of cCustomer (VOC) inputs
- You will follow the product spec, and in coordination with the customer(s), design and develop new and innovative products in assigned product line(s)
- You will employ appropriate DFSS tools, perform product-level definition and examination during developments
- You will complete and review appropriate technical documentation, for example circuit design documents, schematics, documented analysis, BOMs, DFMEAs, theory of operations, etc.
- You will guide cross-functional team(s) in the development of Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis documents (DFMEA)
- You will develop and launch new products following the stage-gate process (i.e., PROLaunch)
- You will provide supervision and support to internal and external design resources when appropriate (e.g. PCB layout, other engineers, software development, test laboratories)
- You will develop test strategies and plans for both design validation and production test in accordance with industry standards and customer requirements and investigate and review new components and technologies, and evaluate their appropriate use within our product lines
- You will create and guide cross functional teams through the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process
- You will guide the engineering activities for electronic circuit development in core R&D team
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in new product development in electrical and electromechanical systems OR Master’s degree with a research focus in electromechanical or electrical systems.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Tualatin OR or Menomonee Falls, WI sites will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical field required, Masters preferred
- Experience with electric and hybrid electric vehicle systems a plus
- Experience designing and developing electric motor drive and control systems, DC, 3-phase AC, PM, SR, FW motors
- Experience with C and embedded programming
- Experience with model based design methods
- Working knowledge of automotive serial data protocols (CAN J1939, J1587, J1708, LIN).
- Microchip, Atmel, ST, TI microprocessor families procedures and reports)
- Software Development tools: (MPLAB, IAR Embedded Workbench, AVR studio, Keil, Microchip and Atmel development tools)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Supervising other engineering tasks (assembly drawings, PCB layout, software development, validation testing)
- Creating and maintaining electronic documentation for manufacturing.
- Planning and scheduling development testing (scheduling test labs, designing test equipment, designing and building test harnesses, creating test strategies for both validation and production testing, writing
- Designing test and programming fixtures.
- Maintaining various software tools (C compilers, programming environments, programming stations, serial data networks).
- Electronic design tools: schematic capture, circuit and behavioral simulation (SPICE, Simplis, Ansys, Matlab/Simulink) PCB layout and design
- Good understanding of commercial vehicle markets and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time