Lead Quality Engineer
Eaton’s eMobility business is currently seeking a Lead Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Tualatin, OR facility.
The Lead Quality Engineer is responsible to formulate, implement and administer Eaton’s Quality Management System (EQMS) and strategic initiatives to achieve short and long range quality improvement objectives. This position supports and leads the quality effort for the eMobility business unit, including new product development projects and strategic growth initiatives.
Drive the quality function at the plant in the effort to develop, implement, and maintain quality systems which meet/exceed customer requirements. Divisional Quality responsibilities include support of EQS deployment and measurements, support of all plants in the division, EBS and Continuous Improvement initiatives and divisional QMS requirements. This position will lead the site Environmental, Health, and Safety activities and is responsible for: maintaining all aspects of the sites EHS responsibilities; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security, facility management, creating a strong EHS zero incident culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· Plan and manage the effective operation of the quality assurance function within the Plant, and to ensure that quality objectives and goals are clearly established and deployed in order to continuously improve and exceed the customer service levels required.
· Prioritize quality functions in regard to quality issues elimination / reduction and production requirements.
· Contribute to overall profitability and growth objectives through the management of Eaton’s quality processes, continuous improvement efforts, and quality culture advancement.
· Responsible for the reduction of internal & external customer PPM.
· Participates in material review boards with approval authority on concessions to control non-conforming products.
· Review daily in-process metrics to help determine priorities. Establish and modify metrics as necessary to facilitate continuous improvement towards quality management system objectives.
· Lead problem solving efforts using 8-D methodology. Leads team to complete failure analysis investigations and resolve customer complaints using best practice problem solving methodologies (E.g. 5-Why, Cause & Effect Diagrams, 8D, Drill Deep Drill Wide, etc.). Drives team to initiate modifications and re-design of manufacturing processes and product designs as part of failure mode elimination. Represents Eaton in presenting performance and improvement plans with customers.
· Lead the supplier quality organization in ensuring effective resolution of supplier quality issues and in the supplier’s development as an improved suppliers to Eaton. Maintains and actively participates in the development of supplier quality management processes that comply or exceed Eaton’s supplier quality program requirements. Works with the Division supplier quality organization to support the developing systems.
· Drive and maintain an atmosphere for Continuous Improvement and Error Proofing through the implementation of six sigma/lean production methodology in order to accomplish department and plant goals
· Promote and verify preventive and corrective action.
· Coordinates the completion of PPAP submission requirements as required by customers. Ensures effective implementation and qualification of design and manufacturing processes using PPAP submissions.
· Direct cross-functional teams to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality and customer requirements. Work closely with all functional areas and delegates responsibilities and accountabilities to the functional areas that aid in achieving quality goals.
· Implement a quality system in conjunction with divisional procedures to ensure compliance with IATF 16949, customer specific requirements, and all regulatory requirements. Drives the Tualatin plant team to plan, organize and execute an Internal Quality Audits process to maintain compliance to documented quality systems including ISO 9001 and AS9102, AS9100 or IATF 16949 standards.
· Drives the Plant to collate, analyze and report on quality management system efficiency and effectiveness metrics as part of the management review process.
· Interact with divisional resources on the problem solving projects for product quality improvements.
· Responsible for SPC, MSA, Instrument Calibration, Gauge and Master Design & Calibration.
· Support new product development from a Quality initiative. Provide leadership and training to the team to execute the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) elements of the ProLaunch process.
· Manages and leads site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum 3 years of experience in a quality role in a manufacturing environment
· No relocation is being offered for the role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of the facility.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· 2 years leadership experience
· Supervisory and team coordination experience
· Problem Solving techniques execution and leadership
· Six Sigma techniques certified preferred
· Quality Systems Management, detailed knowledge of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949, working knowledge of AIAG standards including APQP and PPAP or AS 9102 FAI.
· Expert skills in using and training quality tools (i.e. Fishbone Diagrams, 5-Whys, 8D, Gage R&R, FMEA , SPC, etc.
· Certified Quality Auditor preferred
· Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred
· Minimum 3 years of relevant experience managing EHS processes and/or facility management
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time