Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Machine Operator (11:00pm-7:30am)
- Must work consistently to maintain safe and healthy working conditions, to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injury and illness and to observe Federal, State, local and company safety and health regulations.
- Must reflect an interest in company safety and health objectives and required to set a good example by always observing the rules as a part of the normal work routine.
- Expected to follow safe working practices, obey rules and regulations, and work in a way that maintains the high safety and health standards developed and sanctioned by the company.
- Monitor and maintain CNC equipment, manual and automatic gauging systems, robots, gantrys and material handling systems operations. Perform all checks called out on Inspection Plans and gauging functions to ensure machines are running within specifications.
- Perform adjustments to machines and tooling to keep parts within allowable tolerances.
- Operation of robots and gantrys as necessary.
- Perform operator-related preventative maintenance and cleaning as required.
- Perform machine changeovers and change tool inserts as needed.
- Ensure that job operations maintain or improve product quality. Stop and correct job operation if product quality is affected negatively.
- Use blueprints, diagrams and schematics to determine proper dimensions and gauges to use.
- Use calipers and micrometers to gauge parts.
- Set and verify gauges.
- Complete all documentation associated with production and changeovers.
- Maintain accurate records and logs as required.
- Update and monitor Statistical Process Control charts as required.
- Work directly with other Line Personnel, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Leadership Team members to problem solve and correct production-related issues.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and of company assets.
- Adhere to and comply with all ISO 14001/EHS, TS 16949 standards, procedures, and guidelines
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius to be considered for this position
- Ability to trouble-shoot production related problems.
- Working knowledge of hand tools, diagrams, work instruction, blue prints, process gauges, and measuring instruments.
- Ability to visually identify defective parts with appropriate gauging.
- Ability to hear machine operation sounds that may indicate defective parts machine failures, changes in speed and other routine running conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision, and function in a team oriented environment
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of production environment machinery operation equivalent to 2 years’ experience preferred, including ability to run, set-up and change-over equipment.
- Related education or Eaton in-house training may be considered in lieu of working experience.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No