Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Division Sales Engineer
Eaton’s manufacturing facility located in Arden, NC has an opening for a Division Sales Engineer for the Medium Voltage Control Assemblies product line.
This position is responsible for customer order negotiation and quotation responsibilities including commercial guidance, technical support, pricing, shipment information, and specification interpretation of the products assigned in order to increase volume of sales in assigned area(s) in a manner consistent with established division profit, sales, and customer service objectives.
- Establishes and maintains the best possible commercial relations with present and potential customers by effectively employing the art of salesmanship, application engineer, product knowledge, knowledge of customers business and organization, and competitive products and activities.
- Reviews customer needs and specifications in order to determine product requirements for the purpose of determining a competitive price level and shipment within the industry of market segment assigned.
- Interprets incoming orders for proper content, price, etc. to meet customer requirements prior to order acceptance at the division. Completes and submits order entry information for backlog entry.
- Coordinates with Customer Service to insure resources are available to support customer commitments.
- Performs as technical and commercial liaison between field sales, customers, and other division functions when required.
- Recommends changes or modifications in products, policies, or procedures to maintain and further enhance product leadership and to meet plant total quality objectives. Take active role in the development and execution of sales plans through developing monthly forecasts and reporting industry / market segment trends.
- Develops and presents or assists in presentation of programs to promote acceptance of assigned products at trade shows, customer locations and/or corporate meetings.
- Provides guidance and direction to other sales engineers as well as engineering technicians and customer service representatives as required.
- Assumes leadership role within the department to assist in negotiations or in the formulation of competitive strategies.
- Performs tasks necessary to facilitate accurate and timely hand-off of incoming order information to operations to support successful execution of customer projects.
- Assumes special projects at the direction of the Sales Manager and/or the Product Line Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an engineering, sales or technical role
- Must be eligible to work in U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Management, or Business from an accredited institution
- 3 years prior technical sales experience preferred
- Working knowledge of medium voltage controls and/or variable frequency drives preferred
- Strong working knowledge of the functions of sales and negotiations preferred
- Exemplifies solid product and technical knowledge of control equipment applications.
- Strong written, oral and inter-personal communication skills.
- Strong MicroSoft Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time