Team Lead - IT : ETL Support
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
At EITC, we are currently looking for experienced IT professionals to join our Information Platform Architecture COE (IPACOE) to provide leadership and specialized technical knowledge to team that supports multiple functions within Eaton. Incumbent will be tasked to manage teams providing Data Integration support. The resource will be responsible for leading EITC ETL production support team across Eaton Enterprise programs driving stabilization, continuous improvement and creating efficiencies to support new programs. ETL team comprises of experienced resources who work across shores and on a broad range of business critical programs which require data to be integrated across systems or consolidated within various enterprise data warehouses/repositories. This role requires to work with BRMs of different functions, BICOE and leadership, as a result strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
This role will leverage standard IT work processes and ITSM/ITIL methodologies to manage and measure work driving continuous overall system and resource improvement which have potential to impact many systems across numerous countries. Also, he/she will be working with peers to establish group level strategic planning, goal identification, APEX calibration, scorecard enhancements, setting standards & guidelines.
Will be accountable for the following activities/responsibilities
- Managing Teams of ETL production support resources at EITC
- Managing the ETL support for Eaton’s ETL (Enterprise/Corporate, Industrial and Electrical sectors) in the production environment. Work with other IT production support teams to ensure ITSM SLA compliance.
- Continuous Improvement and problem management: Drive continuous improvement to create efficiencies to support upcoming programs.
- Define/enhance EITC IPA Information Integration production support processes are in alignment with ITSM processes
- Provide end to end support for all ETL processes and systems.
- Guide/ mentor support analysts in trouble shooting / Analyzing support tickets, identifying the root cause resolution and work closely with other Eaton enterprise sectors/groups to implement solutions.
- Monitor daily job loads and take appropriate actions to resolve failures. Perform code modifications as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain ETL support processes and documentation. Maintain the integrity of the ETL environments.
• Manages team of ETL Production Support analysts: Resource hiring, onboarding, management, assignments, development and grooming, performance evaluations
• Manage ETL production support for both Business Intelligence and Integration projects spanning across Sectors (ES, IS, CS) including CERP, Unify, HR, FE3 initiatives. Build the subject matter expertise in each of these areas by working with business teams.
• Communicates with customers, BRMs and leadership, articulated in terms they understand.
• Monitor support request tickets / requests on regular basis and ensure timely resolution is provided. Track the closure of assigned tickets / requests.
• Ensures the adoption of standardized Eaton support processes.
• Ensure the adoption of best practices, guidelines
• Lead continual improvements in order to decrease incidents and maintain quality.
· Must have Knowledge of ITSM/ITIL, various Business Processes embedded across an Enterprise
· Should have had significant experience in supporting systems that have involved data acquisition, data extracts/loads, data interfaces between systems
· Must have an understanding of the use of BI and Analytics in one or more Enterprise Functions
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience ( 5 years Informatica related ), of which at least 3 years in a Managerial role
· Working knowledge of Informatica, DAC, Oracle OBIEE, Oracle OBIA
· Practical experience within Capacity Planning, Release Mgt, Project Mgt, Performance Tuning, Service Delivery, Solution Architecture and Integration Governance
· Hands-on experience in Informatica and good data warehousing knowledge
· Good Oracle / PL SQL/ UNIX & Unix scripting knowledge
· Hands-on experience with Ctrl-M scheduling would be a definite plus
· Good understanding of dimensional data modeling and OBAW will be an added advantage
· Good understanding of reporting application will be an added advantage.
B-Tech/ BE with 7-9 years’ experience in Informatica with the above skill
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only