Senior Manufacturing Engineer (PVC)
Eaton's Hydraulic Business has an opening for a:
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Çerkezköy, Tekirdağ / TURKEY
Eaton is recognized as a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of reliable, high-efficiency hydraulic systems and components for use in mobile and industrial applications. Eaton’s unwavering dedication to leadership in mobile and industrial applications has made Eaton one of the world’s preferred suppliers of hydraulic solutions. For more information, visit www.eaton.eu
This position will be responsible for coordinating all manufacturing engineering activities focused on PVC&TP hose production and support departments which are the support processes for production low-medium and high pressure rubber hoses. Cost out projects, developing and maintaining production standards, optimizing productivity and ensuring accuracy of BOM and routings within current ERP system would be the other primary functions of this role. This position reports directly to Hydraulic Focus Factory Manager and functionally to MFG Engineering Manager.
· Improve productivity of extrusion and vulcanization lines by either developing the equipment or creating new standardize manufacturing method.
· Investigate and analyze production methods, processes, operations and propose possible modifications for continuous improvement.
· Support new projects and processes.
· Monitor and control key process metrics such as Internal PPM, scrap rate and productivity.
· Prepare and maintain all production documentation.
· Update process documentation and aligned with EQS.
· Build close relationship with other manufacturing operations and units.
· Assure the implementation of quality control procedures to the shopfloor.
· Ensure the accuracy of BOM and Routings within MFG/PRO.
· Utilize problem solving technique such as global 8D, PFMEA, Control plans etc.
· Implement EHS and local regulatory requirements aligned with local MESH plan of plant.
· A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline preferably Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering
· Knowledge of rubber, basic polymer rheology and various extruders for both rubber and thermoplastic materials.
· Team-oriented problem solving and project management skills.
· Effective communication skills.
· Fluent in English.
· Computer fluency such as CAD, PC, Microsoft Office etc.
· Ability to work with many aspects of the business including product engineering, industrial engineering, maintenance, quality and production
· Able to take responsibility
· Initiate preventive actions rather than corrective ones
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD FCD
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No