Lead Analyst - IT (UC Voice Support)
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, project management, security and compliance etc.
At EITC, we are currently looking for experienced IT professionals to join our Infrastructure COE (INFCOE) Unified Communications team in India to provide support to our internal Cisco Global Voice infrastructure.
Primary Function of the role includes but not limited to –
- Voice Service and Support analyst with proven experience and strengths in problem resolution, customer service/management, and support. Must be able to follow ITIL standards and processes. Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide voice Service and Support across the Eaton Corporation enterprise voice communications systems and networks (PBX’s, voice servers/gateways, voice applications include call center systems, and work with IP/TDM Networks). Experience in technical operations support and telecommunications service and support.
Essential Functions of the role are as follows –
- Provide level 2 & 3 operational support for Cisco PBX and Contact Centers.
- Ensure effective operation and management of all communications systems.
- Responsible for problem resolutions leveraging proper channels including suppliers and internal resources.
- Build and maintain effective peer and partner relationships in order to drive results and efficiencies.
- Lead the effort to define and deliver the strategy, services and capabilities in the areas of voice, video and real-time collaboration
- Deploy and institute solutions that support or enhance the common set of real-time services, products and capabilities used throughout the enterprise
- Establish and track metrics and measures to define the success and business results
- Participate in communities and forums for continued business inputs & responses and sharing best practices.
- Support planning for Enterprise Cisco voice systems. Provide input to design, project plans, implementation plans, and support global enterprise voice communications architecture, within Eaton network solutions.
- Provide support to delivery functions working in regional or business unit projects.
- Be able to lead conference calls, web exchanges, and meetings and provide detailed information, task follow-up, and guidance for all support related issues.
- Be able to support voice and call center functions, integration, and cost effective solutions, while meeting all business needs and concerns irrespective of region or business units.
- Be able to provide clear and concise incident and problem escalation communications to the senior support, design and delivery teams for resolution of infrastructure issues, outages, incidents, and ongoing problems.
- Support QOS and trending of Remedy ticket information (e.g, monthly operational reviews).
- Provide the ability to communicate and effectively manage thru Eaton Corporation’s horizontally organized Global Telecom operational support model as it evolves a “follow the sun” support model.
- Gather regional requirements for Unified Communications systems & services as input to Enterprise solutions
- Ensure Unified Communications services are performing as expected.
- Provides guidance & leadership to less experienced engineers.
• Subject Matter Expert on Cisco Call Manager (CUCM), Voice Gateways and Unity Connections.
• Strong understanding of Cisco Contact Center Enterprise platform which includes IVR/ ICM/VXML Gateways / CVP /CUIC/ Finesse etc.
• Strong knowledge of Trunking, Protocols, Hunt group configuration and Call handler.
• IP Telephony systems administration, configuration, and implementation preferably multi-vendor solutions including Avaya and Microsoft Skype.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, VoIP and WAN networks
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Strong communications skills
• Strong vendor management, contract management, and negotiation skills
• 7+ years consulting experience with Cisco products
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent
• Cisco Voice Certified.
• CCIE Certifications a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only