Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist
The Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist will be responsible in leading the operating system implementation at Ellisville, MO Bussmann Plant.
Eaton is a power management company with 2014 sales of $22.6 billion. Eaton has approximately 102,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. Eaton’s Bussmann division develops and manufactures critical circuit protection, power management and electrical safety products designed to provide innovative circuit and power electronics protection. The Bussmann business serves customers in the commercial, data centers, electrical vehicles, food and beverage, and other markets.
Supporting $300M+ in sales annually, the Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist works as part of our Plant Operations team. The Plant Team is in need of process standardization of the operating systems and an enhancement of the shop floor current visual management tools need to reach self-managed teams.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist will be to work with the factories teams to implement process and procedure changes that drive improvements to operations management systems to reach operational excellence.
- Development of standardized work process to insure that the product is assembled and meets design and quality objectives through Work Instructions and Training.
- Development and implement Operations Process Maps to standardizes systemic operating aspect of the shop floor to improve connections and support problem solving actions.
- Develop and implement Standardize work Layer audit to support elimination of variation on shop floor
- Support implement work planning, assignment and reporting process for shop floor operations. change Management of the Manufacturing Bill of Materials and Routers
- Act as a business partner, strategic solution provider, advisor and counselor for the product line leadership teams.
- Conduct Lean Manufacturing techniques to existing process to improve quality and lower manufacturing costs.
- Recommendations to Operations Management to assist in manufacturability of the product.
- Hands-on manufacturing processes using fabrication and tool & die making skills.
- Provide direction and oversee the fabrication of tooling and in-process gauges with various tooling sources.
- Perform capacity analysis, manufacturing process design, line layout design for existing and new manufacturing process and machine needs and develop better tools or systems.
- Participate in procurement, installation, and runoff of new equipment processes.
- Coordinate, provide input, and participate in specification, design, build, development, and launch of new products.
- Identify, analyze, and implement continuous quality improvement in design and manufacturing process efficiency, safety, quality, and cost.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years of Manufacturing and/or Engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius in order to be considered.
- Experience in data analysis with ability to determine required actions.
- 3-5 years of experience within Continuous Improvement or Industrial Engineering
- Operations Supervisor preferred
- SAP experience preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time