Specialist New Product Development Engineer
- Leads complex new product development projects with a multi-disciplined global team, focusing on providing sustainable and profitable growth for the business.
- Provides senior level technical engineering support on current product offering to production facilities, marketing department, application inquiries, and/or end customers.
- Assists in the training and development of department personnel, acting as a mentor for less experienced engineers.
- Employs rigorous problem solving techniques, determining root cause and developing appropriate permanent corrective actions to develop and improve design and production solutions.
- Utilizes quality management system and six sigma tools, such as failure mode and effects analysis, control plans, design of experiments, and statistical analysis in developing robust engineering solutions.
- Facilitates effective brainstorming activities with varying functions and customers with a focus on research and development directions, detailed design concepts, or technical engineering challenges. Must be capable of managing the creative process of others.
- Interfaces directly with customers to gain an understanding of their wants, needs, and challenges, so that effective product requirements can be generated to enable the development of new products to drive future growth.
- Translates product requirements into innovative design solutions that will delight our customers, and surpass competition in total product quality, cost, and service.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of seven years of experience developing and launching new products.
- No Sponsorship-Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Preferably experience designing electrical circuit protection products and/or electrical distribution systems products.
- Six Sigma or design for six sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Knowledge in the Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly of components with varied manufacturing processes including: injection molding, stamping, machining and high volume assembly processes.
- Experience with enclosed electrical assemblies, such as panelboards, switch boards, and safety switches, preferred.
- Experience working within quality management systems Experience in testing techniques. Knowledge of power test equipment and measurement instrumentation is desirable.
- Knowledge of electrical circuit protection products, electrical distribution systems, and applicable industry standards is highly desirable.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills Ability to influence and drive people and activities on complex technical issues, effectively motivate team members that are not direct reports.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, 3D CAD modeling tools, and Minitab.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time