Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Estimator Engineer / Representative
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
- Technical & commercial proposal writing
- Support pricing development
- Support proposals locally and requests from other locations,
- Maintain proper communication with internal customers, including price and product feedback on both commercial and technical issues.
- When required, visit customer site to address customer needs.
- Track proposal and order hit rate activity, enabling field management and outside sales engineers to monitor for customer/channel partner effectiveness.
- Actively support Division Initiatives (Service Attachment Orders for New Equipment, power system engineering and power system automation offerings, Aftermarket Solutions, Extended Warranty Program
- Provide technical and application assistance to Sales, Utility & Other Reps and Channel Partners
- Provide a monthly update of proposal activities and a Monthly Report
- Providing unique solutions beyond the standard specifications to provide greater customer value
- Activity involved in personal professional growth and development
- Complete twenty (20) hours of recommended Eaton University classes from training program list, including all required annual safety training
- Participate in and contribute to the annual Training Workshop
- Occasionally work evenings and weekends to satisfy bid-due-dates
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Business with Engineering/Technical experience or (2 years) electrical contractor estimating / proposal writing experience or direct field service work experience in the electrical industry.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of either Irvine, City of Industry or San Diego, California.
- Experience with government proposal procedures such as technical and price proposal separation, reps and certifications, and government evaluation factors.
- Experience in writing and reviewing subcontractor work scopes and Subcontractor agreements; preferred experience with GSA purchasing procedures; being able to evaluate proposals for specification compliance; experience with risk evaluation and risk management.
- Estimating experience in substation and electrical system installations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time