Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst - IT : ETL Development
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
At EITC, we are currently looking for experienced IT professionals to join our IPA COE team for ETL Development Projects with core skills of Informatica, Designing, ODI ( is plus)
This position is to do design and development on various ETL projects, support existing interfaces/applications and enhancements in form development on various projects. Some of the attributes are below
• Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests ETL applications that support business units or supporting functions
• Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications.
• Strong understanding on Data warehousing skills and concepts
• May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives
• Apply Informatica best practices during development with a strong focus on reusability and better performance
• Has experience in Informatica / ETL performance tuning activities
• Will not have direct reports but may have direct team related activities of special initiatives or operations.
• Keeps other designers, team leads and project managers well informed of progress and results
• Accountability is for project delivery. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance. Typically requires 4-6 years of experience.
• Has good communication skills. Participate in meetings and facilitate discussion that leads to meaningful dialogue.
• Eagerly embeds the Eaton Process
• Provide end to end support for all ETL processes and systems
1. Design :
Read and understand the requirements document and design, if any questions gets clarified with BA or Solution Designers. Listens actively and accurately. Able to pen the design documents for small integration enhancements.
2. Analysis & problem solving skills:
Identifies and raises issues and problems in a constructive manner. Involves and informs others, as appropriate in identifying issues, problems, opportunities, and developing solutions.
3. Testing & Implementation:
Collaborates with Solution Designers /BAs to create SIT test plans. Documents and communicates test results. Obtains sign-off from project manager. Creates deployment plans, including production promotion, verification, back-out and contingency plans.
4. Development :
Analyzes/understands the designs and develop the code accordingly. Maintains and follows coding best practices and provides robust solutions with defect free installs. Breaks down complex problems into manageable components to better understand/fix them. Identifies opportunities for enhanced performance of the code.
5. Customer Service:
Teams with customer to assess concerns and requirements. Anticipates customer needs and is proactive in delivering solution. Demonstrates a good business understanding. Able to effectively communicate with business
Must Have Skills:
• 5-6 years of Overall IT / Data warehousing experience
• Strong in ETL Datawarehousing Concept with Design Experience
• Ability to collaborate will different IT and Business Team
• Developing and tuning complex SQL and database designs with proven performance tuning techniques
• Expertise in Informatica 10.1.
• Strong communication skills
• ODI, Kalido Technologies, MarkLogic are added advantage
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as: B.E / BTech / MCA / Equivalent (EITC)
• Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal). Additional language capabilities are a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only