Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Corporate Communications Manager
This position will support corporate communication director APAC to structure, optimize and implement public and media relation strategy in Asia Pacific (SEA excluded), ensuring alignment with overall global communications strategy, messaging and working to build and protect Eaton’s image and reputation.
The manager will support to lead the sustainability and CSR integrated communication campaigns to support our business and group.
Support global team to update and maintain China website will be one of the tasks.
Support Eaton business operations’ marketing strategies by leading major press conferences and managing trade press relationship for business related promotional events. Provide business operations with a central point of leadership and expertise for media crisis prevention and resolution.
1) Support to structure, optimize and implement public and media relation strategy in Asia Pacific (SEA excluded), ensuring alignment with overall global communications strategy, messaging and working to build and protect Eaton’s image and reputation.
2) Managing the media monitor supplier.
3) Handle media inquiry on daily basis, responsible for media communication in PR event
4) Support company’s China internet website restructure project.
5) Seek opportunities to enhance Eaton Asia Pacific’s corporate reorganization in the region.
6) Support to lead the sustainability and CSR integrated communication campaigns to support our business and group.
7) Crisis training involvement.
8) Any other related PR matters.
9) Monitor external communication budget and report.
1) Bachelor's degree or above, preferably in communications, legal, business or a related field.
2) Minimum 6 years related experience; including deep functional experience in communications, social media or branding.
3) Excellent written/editing and verbal communication skills in terms of technical quality, communications effectiveness and overall efficiency in both English and Chinese.
4) Good understanding about the media landscape for Asia Pacific.
5) Extremely acute business acumen – easily and quickly understands the business needs that must be factored into communications plans and messages.
6) Strategic mindset – continually focused on the strategic impact of communications tactics.
7) Fundamental understanding of virtually all business specialties including finance, economics, HR and IT.
8) Extremely capable in managing myriad details, yet avoids getting mired in detail with many projects underway at all times.
9) Patient, calm and optimistic personality. Willing to work under pressure.
Required leadership competencies:
• business acumen
• vision and purpose
• leveraging resources
• drive for results
• intellectual rigor
• managerial courage
• change and ability
• holding self and others accountable
• developing and motivating others
• interpersonal communication skills
• professional presence
Required functional competencies:
• Knowledge of communications theory and practice: Understanding of communications as a two-way process and its use in influencing perceptions, attitudes, and behaviors; broad exposure to and understanding of the integrated disciplines of the communication function (i.e. media relations, employee communications, branding and corporate identity, financial communications, marketing communications, community relations); ability to provide communications counsel to the company’s leaders
• Strategic communications planning skills: Ability to: define communications objectives which are aligned and in support of business objectives; analyze and interpret information, business conditions, stakeholder positions and other variables in order to develop a framework for strategic communications; define strategic and measurable objectives; adjust the strategy in response to or anticipation of changing conditions; design and conduct both quantitative and qualitative research
• Project management skills: Ability to: lead the planning, implementation, and evaluation of projects according to established processes; serve as a consultant for internal and external customers
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills: Ability to: synthesize complex information; understand the needs and interests of target audiences; define and articulate messages; generate effective and compelling content for a variety of vehicles (news releases, articles, Q&A documents); create and edit copy; develop and deliver effective presentations• Knowledge of new communications technology: Successful experience with new digital media as communications tools and an understanding of their potential role in reaching strategic business objectives
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time