Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Foundry Castings Processor
As the electrical industry's global leader for explosion proof and hazardous environments, Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business is constantly pushing forward and looking ahead, advancing electrical and instrumentation products in new and innovative ways. Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Business manufactures over 100,000 products for NEC and IEC applications, including: conduit fittings and cable glands, industrial control and electrical apparatus, enclosures, industrial luminaires (including LED), plugs and receptacles, drilling and marine products, commercial construction and solar solutions.
- Perform a wide variety of duties throughout the large casting molding and finishing areas.
- Assisting molder, repairing ladles, load and unload flasks, bottom boards and upsets to molding lines.
- Pour molds, shake out molds, operate automated shake-out machine, core knockout, grind large castings and operate shot-blast equipment.
- Transport materials/metal with either gas operated fork truck or hand truck and operate power sweeper.
- Use all required equipment in grinding such as hand tools, air grinders, air chisels, band saws, etc. to remove fins, parting lines, sprues, risers, gates, surface roughness and all irregularities from castings.
- Place wheels or abrasive belts on machines and make simple adjustments on machines as required.
- Patch surface imperfections within Q.C. standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY (50 miles) will be considered for this position
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Able to read, write, add, subtract and follow instructions; includes the use and reading of fixed gauges and other instruments not requiring interpretation.
- Strong attention to detail; usually repetitive work or diversified operations requiring constant alertness or activity
- Duties involve following prescribed routines or detailed instructions requiring minor decisions and some judgment.
Considerable physical effort consisting of continuous average and frequent heavy manual effort applied in various ways in performance of job requirements.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No