Senior Product Specialist
The Airdrie Plant Marketing Function has an immediate opening for one Senior Product Specialist. Under general functional direction of the Product Manager, you will manage product development projects, main bills of material, and layout drawings. Provide product support (technical, application, etc.) to team members, Agents, and Customers. Specific products of responsibility include Pump Controllers and Oil Well Controllers.
- Produce quotations for custom LVCA products (MCCs, FPC and Aftermarket), while employing value creation strategies to maximize opportunity potential and standard profit margins.
- Design configuration and pricing of electrical power control equipment.
- Drive continual price realization within assigned geographical territory, while achieving market share and profitability objectives.
- Communicate and work closely with factory engineering and manufacturing staff to facilitate the production of high quality products.
- Pre-engineer and develop MCC, Fire Pump Control and Aftermarket configurations that meet the customer’s needs.
- Participate in Product line VOC (voice of customer) activities for translation into product line innovation and value creation.
- Participate in Product line Market Share analysis and action planning activities for our continued growth.
- Assist with marketing duties and projects to fulfill product line other objectives
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values as well as the Safety and Environmental standards.
- Ensure that the needs of the General Sales Force for direction, information, tools, and training are met to enable them to exceed sales goals.
Bachelor Degree or Diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution preferred.
Ability to work in Canada without company sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50 mile radius of the work location will be considered
- Minimum 1 year of customer facing / customer service support experience
- Good knowledge of Eaton standard products
- Working knowledge of Vista/Global Vista
- Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology
- Location is Airdrie Alberta Canada
- Knowledge of the applicable CSA and CEC standards for Industrial Control.
- Thorough understanding of value creation principles and value pricing tactics.
- Experience in the manufacture and testing of electrical control equipment.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management and project management skills are necessary.
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, results oriented team player.
- Detail oriented with superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and MS office.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No