Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Product Manager - 1ph Transformers
Eaton located in Waukesha Wisconsin has an opening for a Product Manager for the 1-Phase (1PH) Transformer marketing organization.
The Product Line Manager is responsible for providing leadership in formulation and implementation of the 1PH Transformer product line strategy, marketing plans and growth programs, and new product development/customer value propositions to enhance sales and profitability growth. Leads all aspects and administers/implements VOC (voice of customer) collection for the Utility and C&I verticals of the 1PH Transformer Product Line. Drives/completes marketing activities and documentation required for 1PH Transformers ProLaunch New Product Development projects. Involved in business development with 1PH Transformers product line and Sales teams. Works closely with 1PH Transformers Engineering team to drive innovation and enhanced customer solutions for the 1PH Transformers business. The Product Manager must have an excellent knowledge of the product line’s customers, sales channels, and a thorough understanding of the dynamics of selling power distribution equipment.
- Work closely with Product Line Manager to achieve 1PH Transformers Profit Plan Financials annually. Attain orders, sales, profit margin and vitality sales objectives for new products developed. Take a leadership role in Business Development for the product line with Utility, C&I and international customers.
- For 1PH Transformers new product development, own, lead and execute the VOC (voice of customer) process & collection into the product line. Transform inputs into new product development ideas and projects. Execute all Marketing responsibilities and documentation required for ProLaunch new product development projects. Provide Product Roadmap input and drive key alignment across the business, particularly to Engineering and internal OEM components teams.
- Lead the Marketing process for large bid opportunities, coordinating or leading (as appropriate) pricing and margin analysis, Legal contract reviews, Level of Authority documentation and reviews, and authoring of bid packages. Consider strategic options to position Eaton to win based on knowledge of product, market, customer, pricing and competition. Conduct pricing and margin analyses and provide recommendations to Product Line Manager, balancing business growth and profitability objectives.
- Execute all product launches (hard and soft) for 1PH Transformers, working closely with marketing communications, engineering, operations and product line teams.
- Work collaboratively with engineering, quality, supply chain, and warranty to resolve commercial issues, support customer requirements and achieve product line objectives. Provide input for demand forecasting. Support quality concern and warranty resolutions. Drive customer expedite requests.
- Develop, update and implement 1PH Transformers Marketing plan (annual). Create required product line sales tools, collateral and communications. Lead product line’s participation in division wide marketing programs (i.e. trade shows, Tech Advantage events, etc.).
- Work closely with the Product Line Manager in strategic planning and the development of 1PH Transformers product line strategic plan.
- Perform competitive analyses and develop competitive product comparisons as needed. Maintain a pulse on the competition (their product offering, footprint, and go to market strategy).
- Provide regular market update / analysis (with projections) and market intelligence to the Product Line Manager. Support PLM with forecasting as required.
- Create and update presentations and spreadsheets as needed (Ops reviews, profit plan, staff meetings, Sales meetings, customer meetings, market share files, etc.). Support and back up PLM in assigned meetings.
- Provide product training / develop training materials for Customers, Sales personnel and channel partners.
- Travel as required for VOC and business development, and to perform essential functions detailed above.
- Other Duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of five (5) years of field sales experience, product line marketing experience, or Engineering is required
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in strategic pricing systems and market segmentation.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Engineering.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution transformers and their components and accessories
- Knowledge of typical power systems applications, equipment, systems and standards
- 2 years of experience in business development or strategic planning.
- Leadership and sense of urgency; ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment.
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented. Able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in an efficient manner and demonstrate a good work ethic and positive attitude
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change.
- Exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and working under pressure.
- Superior analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving and decision-making skills to support internal and external contacts within a multi-cultured environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong experience developing people.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customer service, front line leaders, managers, and other stakeholders.
- Highly customer and commercial centric
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools and electronic systems.
- Up to 25% travel.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time