Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Responsible for the procurement of a large variety of complex materials and services in order to effectively support the production requirements for the plant; develop appropriate stocking strategies to effectively to support the production requirements for the plant; work with corporate resources to identify product supply sources and review and negotiate purchase price; work with supplier quality team to qualify vendors to ensure the overall conformance of materials purchased to manufacturing specifications; assist facility with new product development; and manage vendor relationships/quality/delivery/inventory levels in accordance with plant objectives.
- Maintain continuing knowledge and an understanding of the company’s outside supplier product demands and production scheduling techniques to support the timely availability and procurement of required materials within the current inventory guidelines.
- Locate and select new and alternate sources of supply to meet the production requirements of the plant.
- Establish and maintain effective contacts and working relationships with vendors and suppliers for all necessary information.
- Prepare and communicate product specifications to vendors for bid as appropriate and negotiate with the most favorable bidder(s) considering costs, quality, delivery, etc.
- Award and administer purchase orders and agreements in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage alliances with key suppliers.
- Work with facility design engineers to support significant manufacturing project builds.
- Support corporate commodity managers on cost reduction programs.
- Support supplier quality team through participation in the APQP/PPAP qualification process.
- Support cycle counts for specific brands and / or MRO products and help support annual physical inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering or Business from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year minimum experience within production, procurement or engineering within a manufacturing environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship .
- Knowledge of materials planning systems, production planning, inventory control, and stockroom operations, Kanban.
- Basic knowledge of computerized inventory systems, scheduling techniques, general manufacturing, and ability to interpret drawings and prints.
- Three (3) years of experience within production, procurement or engineering within a manufacturing environment.
- APICS CPIM certification.
- SAP Experience.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time