Field Service Electrical Project Manager
- You will continuously improve personal, technical and professional business skills enabling incumbent to service products to customer’s satisfaction through keeping current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
- You will provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work performed, product performance, and warranty liabilities to company expense and time allocation.
- You will become computer efficient using laptops provided and mastering all required software.
- You will maintain all service equipment including all test equipment, tools issued to meet specifications including EBE, ISO requirements, etc. in good working condition and maintain sufficient inventory to respond to standard calls.
- You will provide customers basic applications information via phone or on site consultation and be available for 24-hour x 7 days a week on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal notification.
- You will demonstrate ability to service newly designed and experimental equipment, which has not been seen before, and instill confidence in the customer.
- You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, authorized service shops, other service organizations, and product business units to assure customer satisfaction. Incumbent demonstrates an awareness of customer needs, preferences, and time and financial constraints.
- You will be responsible for customer service, sales ability, and ability to handle irate or difficult customers and gain satisfaction.
- You will demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
- Basic Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Ability to run small projects
- intermediate Test Equipment Operation
- Advanced Troubleshooting Techniques
- Ability to run small outages and projects
- Advanced Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Protective Relays
- Basic PQ Measurements
Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
Minimum 5-7 years of electrical engineering experience
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 50 miles will be considered.
Minimum 7-10 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems is desirable.
Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems and electrical project management is highly desirable.
Professional Engineering license
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time