Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Field Service Electrical Project Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division has an opening for Field Service Electrical Project Manager. The position will be based out of City of Industry, California.
Position Overview :
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of filed services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization. Field Service Electrical Project Manager will provide field service engineering and expert technical assistance/direction to field personnel and customers in areas of installation, startup, maintenance, and repair, training, and modification of electrical power distribution equipment; self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; provide technical solutions to customers and field personnel; function as lead technical resource; provides value-engineering capabilities to customers.
- Continuously improve personal, technical and professional business skills enabling incumbent to service products to customer’s satisfaction through keeping current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
- Provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work performed, product performance, and warranty liabilities to company expense and time allocation.
- Become computer efficient using laptops provided and mastering all required software.
- Maintain all service equipment including all test equipment, tools issued to meet specifications including EBE, ISO requirements, etc. in good working condition and maintain sufficient inventory to respond to standard calls.
- Provide customers basic applications information via phone or on site consultation and be available for 24-hour x 7 days a week on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal notification.
- Demonstrate ability to service newly designed and experimental equipment, which has not been seen before, and instill confidence in the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, authorized service shops, other service organizations, and product business units to assure customer satisfaction. Incumbent demonstrates an awareness of customer needs, preferences, and time and financial constraints.
- Proven customer service, sales ability, and ability to handle irate or difficult customers and gain satisfaction.
- Demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
- Skilled proficiency in the following:
- Basic Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Ability to run small projects
- intermediate Test Equipment Operation
- Advanced Troubleshooting Techniques
- Ability to run small outages and projects
- Advanced Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Protective Relays
- Basic PQ Measurements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5-7 years of electrical engineering experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 50 miles will be considered.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems is desirable.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems and electrical project management is highly desirable.
- Professional Engineering license
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Power distribution field experience in servicing, maintaining, and testing electrical power distribution equipment.
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting, tests and repair techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication skills. Particular skill in communicating technical information to non-technical personnel, educating customers, and presenting information to internal and external customers.
- Advanced understanding of the company's competitor's electrical, electronic and mechanical products and services.
- Knowledge of corporate and business unit policies.
- Working knowledge of all software packages relevant to successful performance of tasks.
- Working knowledge of billing and invoicing policies for service.
- Knowledge of parts, part masters, bill of materials.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time