- Serve as an active member of the Kings Mountain Senior Leadership team, fulfilling leadership duties and providing input for strategy, direction & continuous improvement
- Lead the site’s deployment of the IMPACT Materials Strategy by supporting OpA, MMAs and Council meetings to deploy the standard policies, processes and tools identified for the location.
- Manage the plant’s SIOP process by ensuring cross-functional participation with the regional team in accordance with the SIOP policy. This includes master scheduling, execution to optimal inventory levels and supporting staffing levels to achieve customer satisfaction levels.
- Provide leadership for the Inventory Management Process by effectively leading the site’s optimal inventory levels via an inventory playbook, Excess and Obsolete inventories and MRB levels which support’s the work capital metrics.
- Maintain accurate records of all inventory data and materials transactions. Provide governance and leadership for the site cycle count process in accordance with the Vehicle Group policy. Develop action plans based on root cause analysis. Lead annual physical inventory process.
- Lead all aspects of the ERP system and ensure controls are in place to establish the correct BOM structure, material routings, transaction accuracy, and inventory integrity to allow for accurate aggregations of supply and demand. Responsible for overall data integrity of the ERP system in support of maintaining strong ERP Health performance.
- Establish and maintain operational areas of receiving, material handling, warehouse, and shipping by ensuring efficiency, quality of work, process adherence and in a safe manor.
- Lead the logistics activities for the plant including inbound and outbound, cost-out objectives and trade compliance. This is accomplished by maintaining approved carrier compliance, and by defining standard routings and schedules while maintaining customer shipping requirements.
- Support cost savings and control by minimizing impact of CONC (Cost of Non-Conformance), including premium freight and E&O; reducing materials disruptions to production; improving MRO spend; and maintain departmental budget.
- Provide support for EHS procedures and training, to drive a Zero Incident Culture across the plant.
- Initiate, support and lead continuous improvement activities within the department. Schedule, lead and communicate departmental priorities with the team and coordinate activities with other functions within the plant.
- Conduct performance reviews to improve organizational performance
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of hands on Materials & Operations Management experience in a high volume business
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- 5 years of hands on Materials & Operations Management experience in a high volume business
- APICS CPIM Certification is preferred
- Automotive experience
- Prior leadership or management experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to motivate team members to drive for results
- Experience in supporting cross-functional SIOP and Inventory management processes
- Technical knowledge of forecasting techniques, bill of material structuring and scheduling execution
- ERP knowledge preferably Oracle
- In-depth knowledge of plant manufacturing processes and value streams from raw materials to finished product
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time