Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Marketing Coordinator– Event and Channel Specialist
Build the Eaton brand across the Africa primarily for Eaton’s South Africa business but with a supporting role across all rest of Africa, by helping drive awareness and preference with key stakeholder, most specifically within the channel business, both IT and electrical wholesale.
The role will also include a special focus on events which included Eaton owned, Tradeshows and customer events. Driving pre-event promotion, setting pre-activity agreements with sales ahead of all events, leading all event organization and working to ensure lead capture and follow-up using centrally developed tools and processes
· Work with the central EWS and PQ channel teams in order to leverage best practice for channel marketing in the Africa to develop and manage the marketing plan for specific channels
· Work with the EMEA channel teams to utilize best practice, to support brand development and event activities
· Develop, drive and implement in agreement with sales organisation channel marketing activity for selected groups of channel partners ensuring ROI is measured clearly to show success.
· Manage and recommend any local agency relationships - setting direction, ensuring alignment with central agencies and ensuring goals are met to deliver best-in-class results.
· Management of day-to-day channel activities.
· Work with central team to implement dashboard and reporting to measure partner activities to be able to identify corrective actions.
· Ensure centrally created Segment content is effectively used across the Africa as well as augmenting this with locally relevant content.
· Work close with sales to implement all operational steps from selections to implementation of the partner program.
· Follow up the partner program tool deployment in the countries and assure is implementations and usage.
· Management of budget to ensure optimization of resources and budgets across all activities.
· Work with the COUNTRY segment marketing and channel teams to develop an innovative regional event and relationship marketing strategy that will support business goals and Eaton’s Season market development activities.
· Lead the pre-event promotion, logistics, sales team co-ordination and internal comms of large segment and industry events in the COUNTRY.
· Work with sales leadership to define and implement pre-activity agreements defining expected business outcomes for all events.
· Work with the COUNTRY sales organizations to drive full implementation and usage of Eaton’s standard marketing automation tools to ensure target customers attend events and all leads captured and followed-up.
· Work closely with Eaton’s Corporate Marketing team to lead implementation of Eaton’s Mobile Tech Days and Eaton owned events.
· Fully leverage Eaton’s ‘end to end’ event tool kit for all relevant small/medium events (including EWS fairs) in COUNTRY to ensure standardized approach and cost optimization. Work with EMEA event specialist to ensure exhibits continuously enhanced and developed to meet requirements of COUNTRY sales team.
· Work with COUNTRY digital specialist and PR manager to drive effective communication strategy before events to attract target customers and prospects.
· Work closely with sales and product management to ensure consistent approach to measuring the effectiveness and RoI of events against pre-defined metrics. Make recommendations to senior leadership on future event strategy based on data.
· Work with the EMEA event manager to update the EMEA central marketing calendar with key events to ensure visibility of pipeline.
National Diploma/ Degree in Marketing
· Strategic agility, must be able to achieve results through hard and soft influence
· Requires strong personal presence, able to engage with Eaton’s most senior leaders in Middle East and the EMEA region.
· Ability to co-ordinate with colleagues and agencies across a wide geographic area.
· Media relations, writing and project management skills, experience in leading external agency resources.
· Mix of agency, corporate communications and content marketing experience desired.
· Strong English writing skills essential.
· Basic design skills is desired.
· Excellent time management with flexibility for meeting changing priorities and tight deadlines.
· Comfortable with multi-tasking and able to effectively handle confidential information.
· Highly effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with the ability to manage relationships up and down in a large organizational structure
· Must be able to interact with confidence and credibility with sales and senior leadership and build collaborative, productive relationships with colleagues both regionally and globally.
· Must be willing to travel when supporting events is required – estimated 5-10%.
· Expected to initiate projects independently, make decisions, solve problems and contribute to the overall strategy and direction of the Africa Marketing function.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time